News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Leicester Enviro 400

Started by NXCOV21, December 02, 2013, 03:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Quote from: nx4737 on December 06, 2013, 06:01:59 PM
Quote from: Tony on December 06, 2013, 07:38:22 AM
Quote from: nx4737 on December 06, 2013, 04:55:04 AM
A few token Enviro400's is hardly going to change First's p!$$ poor image...

Quote from: Ex BC driver on December 05, 2013, 10:52:44 AM
I think they would of had to put in an offside emergency exit

Did they not have emergency exits in London?

They seem to have had them fitted now...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55205968@N03/11187437733/sizes/l/in/photostream/

All vehicles must have two doors, so in London it is not a requirement to have an emergency door, once they are converted to single door it is a legal requirement

Just done a flickr search and you're right, it has no emergency exit...

It makes you wonder why they don't order the Enviros with the offside exit fitted to make it easier to cascade to regional fleets in future...

Because the law states that all buses must have 2 buses minimum so it saves some door componants until cascading?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on December 06, 2013, 07:38:22 AM
Quote from: nx4737 on December 06, 2013, 04:55:04 AM
A few token Enviro400's is hardly going to change First's p!$$ poor image...

Quote from: Ex BC driver on December 05, 2013, 10:52:44 AM
I think they would of had to put in an offside emergency exit

Did they not have emergency exits in London?

They seem to have had them fitted now...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55205968@N03/11187437733/sizes/l/in/photostream/

All vehicles must have two doors, so in London it is not a requirement to have an emergency door, once they are converted to single door it is a legal requirement

What about those bubble cars of the 70's? Or was it more recent legislation?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Ashley

Going back to Ton'ys post. More Gemini's in Stoke would be a good idea to upgrade the 101 which would allow OmniCities to replace the worst Ultralows

NXCOV21

First have just confirmed on their website that they are investing £5.9 million in 35 buses for Leicester.
They have also confirmed that the new buses will replace a mixture of saloons and deckers currently in the Leicester fleet which will be cascaded to other depots.

winston

Quote from: NXCOV21 on December 09, 2013, 02:01:02 PM
First have just confirmed on their website that they are investing £5.9 million in 35 buses for Leicester.
They have also confirmed that the new buses will replace a mixture of saloons and deckers currently in the Leicester fleet which will be cascaded to other depots.

Is that figure of £5.9 million not bending the truth a little? that would make 5 year old refurbished double deckers worth £168.6k each

NXCOV21

Is that figure of £5.9 million not bending the truth a little? that would make 5 year old refurbished double deckers worth £168.6k each
[/quote]

I thought that was a little pricey tbh :-/

winston

Quote from: NXCOV21 on December 09, 2013, 02:53:50 PM

I thought that was a little pricey tbh :-/
[/quote]

It might have been what they were worth new, but doubt they are worth anywhere near that now at 5 yrs old despite being refurbished, typical First.......

John

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55205968@N03/11322537903/

Article in RouteOne says they are for routes 14, 22/A and 54. Replacing mainly single deckers, and the Gemini's which may be going to Potteries.

They will gain branding for these routes in the new year.

Tony

Quote from: Ashley on December 08, 2013, 06:48:13 PM
Going back to Ton'ys post. More Gemini's in Stoke would be a good idea to upgrade the 101 which would allow OmniCities to replace the worst Ultralows

It is looking like Potteries will gain 22 vehicles from Leicester, 5 Geminis and 17 Eclipse single deck, not sure if this is all 17 B7RLEs, or a mix of B7Ls and B7RLEs

Ashley

I think Potteries would get B7RLE's as I believe one of First's plans for next year is to whittle down the B7L fleet but how definate that is I don't know.

DD12

HI!  from me down in Worcester!

Thanks to all of you above who've reported on the Leicester Enviro 400s, and the likely transfers to follow.

I would not mind 'us' receiving some crumbs from Leicester's table  - ie  one or two DDdeckers!    :P

Cheese

Report on East Norfolk Bus Blog suggests B7TL/ALX400s 32058/9/61-5 are headed for Great Yarmouth.

winston

Quote from: DD12 on December 12, 2013, 07:43:41 PM

Thanks to all of you above who've reported on the Leicester Enviro 400s, and the likely transfers to follow.

I would not mind 'us' receiving some crumbs from Leicester's table  - ie  one or two DDdeckers!    :P

It looks as thought First have forgotten they still own Worcester & Hereford. Ensign currently have two of each 10 plate B7RLE/Plaxton Centro's & ADL300's that would fit in well with WR's fleet

PM

Quote from: Winston on December 12, 2013, 08:40:09 PM

It looks as thought First have forgotten they still own Worcester & Hereford. Ensign currently have two of each 10 plate B7RLE/Plaxton Centro's & ADL300's that would fit in well with WR's fleet

Lol they've forgot they still own it... To be fair, does worcester and hereford need much work vehicle wise or just in terms of network? And Leicester seems fairly modern though clearly not as modern as NXWM and investment has been a bit patchy though apparently the b7ls aren't brilliant...

Tony

Quote from: Winston on December 12, 2013, 08:40:09 PM

I think now all Single decks are DDA the chances of more vehicles are quite slim when places like Potteries are full of non DDA Scanias and B10s

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk