News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

London Buses.

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 21, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

Being reported on the LOTS website that London United have ordered a substantial number of electric double deckers for the 94 at Shepherds Bush. They are being quoted as arriving in the first half of 2020 along with the electric buses that Abellio are expecting.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Stuharris 6360

LBSL intends to enter into new contracts for the following routes with the operators listed below:

Route        Current Operator            New Operator                     PVR        Vehicles
25/N25      Tower Transit                  Stagecoach East London     31         new Euro VI Hybrid Double Decker
282            Metroline West               Metroline West                    16          *2013 Hybrid Double Decker
425            Tower Transit                  Stagecoach East London     21         new Euro VI Hybrid Double Decker
482            Metroline West               Abellio West                         8           new Euro VI Hybrid Double Decker
G1              London General              London General                   13         2015 Euro VI single decker

* Already upgraded to Euro VI emissions standards.

The above contracts will commence on the following dates:

7th March 2020: Route 282.
21st March 2020: Route 482.
2nd May 2020: Route G1.
23rd May 2020: Route 25/N25.
4th July 2020: Route 425.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Nice big chunk of work won by Stagecoach East London + Abellio's winning streak continuing.

markcf83

I suspect the review of their sites in London will be held back by Stagecoach following this win. It's a big loss for Tower Transit which equates to about a SIXTH of the Lea Bridge allocation in one hit.

winston

Quote from: markcf83 on July 24, 2019, 03:46:28 PM
I suspect the review of their sites in London will be held back by Stagecoach following this win. It's a big loss for Tower Transit which equates to about a SIXTH of the Lea Bridge allocation in one hit.

What were Stagecoach reviewing? consolidating the number of depots / to cut costs? I understand competition for routes is fierce in the East and thus prices/profit margins much tighter. Stagecoach said in their recent results that they were looking at ways to be able to bid more competitively, whatever they've changed seems to have worked in this round at least!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: markcf83 on July 24, 2019, 03:46:28 PM

It is looking like nearly a quarter @markcf83 , the current Lea Interchange PVR is 215 and they are loosing 52 so a big big loss for TT.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

markcf83

Quote from: Winston on July 24, 2019, 03:54:39 PM
What were Stagecoach reviewing? consolidating the number of depots / to cut costs? I understand competition for routes is fierce in the East and thus prices/profit margins much tighter.

Exactly that Winston, though the winning of the 25/425 might be seen as a reprieve for West Ham.

winston

Quote from: markcf83 on July 24, 2019, 07:35:00 PM
Exactly that Winston, though the winning of the 25/425 might be seen as a reprieve for West Ham.

Is West Ham well down allocation wise vs capacity ?

Lost track on London of late.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on July 24, 2019, 07:45:11 PM

West Hams current PVR is 93 @Winston so out of the Stagecoach East London garages it is second only beaten by Barking with a PVR of 96.

markcf83

Quote from: Winston on July 24, 2019, 07:45:11 PM

Operating at half the capacity.

winston

Quote from: markcf83 on July 25, 2019, 05:06:27 PM
Operating at half the capacity.

Isn't West Ham a super garage? i.e. Max capacity 250+?

Pat

Quote from: Winston on July 25, 2019, 05:10:44 PM
Isn't West Ham a super garage? i.e. Max capacity 250+?
Yes it is

Stuharris 6360

Have heard it all now.

Just been told that from the 9th August, New Routemasters on route 8 will allow boarding by the front door only whilst people can only alight from the centre door. The rear door will be locked out of use!!

Ian Hardy

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 30, 2019, 02:10:04 PM
Have heard it all now.

Just been told that from the 9th August, New Routemasters on route 8 will allow boarding by the front door only whilst people can only alight from the centre door. The rear door will be locked out of use!!

Passengers are not tapping in when they get on the centre and rear doors, with TfL's "excellent" financial management; the Mayor of London's fares freeze and then introducing the hopper ticket where for £1.50 you can have as many journeys as you can in one hour; TfL are broke and they need all the money they can get.

On the London's Transport Yahoo group a Metroline driver posted: "One day when I was on 91's I had the same LT all duty, the end waybill said 112 validations (that's from all three readers), the next day I had the same duty but I had a TE (E400), everyone had to come on the front, end of duty 345 validations! The amount of people that asked me is the next bus a free bus was nearly every other stop after Euston! Worst bus ever concept design 100 percent crap! I had to come off the route because of that bus!"

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Ian Hardy on July 30, 2019, 09:43:16 PM
Passengers are not tapping in when they get on the centre and rear doors, with TfL's "excellent" financial management; the Mayor of London's fares freeze and then introducing the hopper ticket where for £1.50 you can have as many journeys as you can in one hour; TfL are broke and they need all the money they can get.

On the London's Transport Yahoo group a Metroline driver posted: "One day when I was on 91's I had the same LT all duty, the end waybill said 112 validations (that's from all three readers), the next day I had the same duty but I had a TE (E400), everyone had to come on the front, end of duty 345 validations! The amount of people that asked me is the next bus a free bus was nearly every other stop after Euston! Worst bus ever concept design 100 percent crap! I had to come off the route because of that bus!"

Yes, but I do wonder whether TFL can run the buses with the rear door locked out of use, in an emergency people would run down the stairs only to be greeted by a locked door and so delaying them getting off the bus!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk