News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

London Buses.

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 21, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Somehow, I managed to snap TA1's public debut
https://flic.kr/p/QzvLZh

Unfortunately, I didn't get a ride on it today - but there's a strong chance I'll be back before the year's up! :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stuharris 6360

LBSL intends to enter into new contracts for the following routes with the operators listed below:

Route   Current Operator                     New Operator                         PVR     Vehicles         
94         RATP London United              RATP London United                   tbc        tbc
208       Stagecoach Selkent              GoAhead London                        16        New Euro VI Hybrid D/D
240       Metroline                                Metroline                                    8         Euro V buses upgraded to Euro VI standards
286       GoAhead London                   GoAhead London                       14        Euro VI buses (2014)

The above contracts will commence on the following dates:

94    07/12/19
208  27/07/19
240  27/04/19
286  13/07/19

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

JoNi

Real time has stopped working at bus stops in London as it depends on O2 network that has suffered major data failure.

Stuharris 6360

LBSL intends to enter into new contracts for the following routes with the operators listed below:

Route       Current Operator                     New Operator                         PVR     Vehicles         
8/N8         Stagecoach East London        Stagecoach East London         28      Euro IV New Routemasters upgrade to Euro VI
81             RATP (London)                        Metroline                                 16      Euro V buses upgraded to Euro VI
100           Dockland Buses                      London Central                        9        New electric single deckers
205/N205 Stagecoach East London         Stagecoach East London         23      Euro VI Hybrid Buses
209/609    London United                        London General                       10      New Diesel single deckers
232           Metroline                                 London General                       16      New Euro VI diesel single deckers
395           Metroline                                 London Sovereign                    6       New Single Deckers buses
490           Abellio West London               Abellio West London                16      Euro V & VI buses
497           NEW ROUTE                            Stagecoach East London           2      New Diesel Single Decker
H13           London Sovereign                   Metroline                                   6      2011/12 single deckers
The above contracts will commence on the following

8/N8         29/06/19
81             27/07/19
100           21/09/19
205/N205  31/08/19
209/609    17/08/19
232           03/08/19
395           07/09/19
490           24/08/19
497           24/08/19
H13           07/09/19
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

JoNi

What next for Victoria Coach station?
https://bit.ly/2sgynre

markcf83

Red hot news. Arriva London has lost the 197 to Metrobus beginning in late August with new Hybrid double deckers. This presumably will see off the last of the old style DW's which Croydon has several of remaining on its books.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

markcf83

Quote from: JoNi on January 11, 2019, 10:19:15 PM
What next for Victoria Coach station?
https://bit.ly/2sgynre

Given the building is listed they cannot demolish it.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: markcf83 on January 15, 2019, 01:26:24 PM
Red hot news. Arriva London has lost the 197 to Metrobus beginning in late August with new Hybrid double deckers. This presumably will see off the last of the old style DW's which Croydon has several of remaining on its books.

yes @markcf83

Tuesday 15 January

Route       Current Operator                       New Operator             PVR           Vehicles
197            Arriva London South                      Metrobus                 15     New Euro VI hybrid double deck
663            Arriva London South                      Metrobus                   1     2010 Euro V diesel double deck*

* To be upgraded to Euro VI emissions standards.

The above contracts will commence on 31st August 2019.

Stuharris 6360

From 2 March 2019, heritage buses on route 15H will operate only on bank holidays and weekends, between the last Saturday in March until the last weekend in September.

DJ

I was up West Bromwich this morning, and I saw a Pointer 2 dual door Dart in full Abellio London livery, complete with London blinds saying not in service. It came up the high street, turned right onto St Michael St and then turned left onto the ringway just before 10AM. Does anyone have any idea what this would be doing around here, my only guess is that it's been purchased by a local operator, but usually they take the blinds out I'd have thought, unless it was 8481 since that one is preserved.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Solo1

The dart bus might be going to go caryle up by gear bridge

DJ

Quote from: Solo1 on February 03, 2019, 12:57:30 PM
The dart bus might be going to go caryle up by gear bridge

I've been told that it was probably 8481, since it's preserved and kept somewhere near West Brom. Nice to see it again if that was in fact what I saw.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Stuharris 6360

Route    Current Operator                             New Operator                                   PVR        Vehicles

128*      Arriva London North                       Stagecoach East London                    14           2012      Euro V diesel double deck

201        Abellio London                                Abellio London                                    10           2014 Euro VI diesel single deck

364        Blue Triangle                                   Blue Triangle                                       14           New Euro VI diesel single deck

375        Arriva London North                        Arriva London North                             1             TBC

407        Abellio London                                 Abellio London                                    15           Hybrid double deck (details TBC)

627        Arriva London South                        Arriva London South                             3            2009 Euro IV diesel double deck

* 24 hour route.

All Euro IV and Euro V vehicles will be upgraded to Euro VI emissions standards.

The above contracts will commence on the following dates:

6th July 2019: Route 375.

5th October 2019: Route 201.

12th October 2019: Route 128.

2nd November 2019: Routes 364, 407 & 627.

Stuharris 6360

dmc5007

Quick question for a newbie.

As TFL specifies the bus type does TFL purchase the vehicles and the operator then leases it from them?  Or does the operator take the risk, IE buying battery powered buses that may have no market outside London?

I understand the new Routemasters were an exception due to their bizarre acquisition!

Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk