News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Strange electronic display

Started by Ben, November 20, 2013, 06:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

This evening I was passing through Pool Meadow (about 4PM) and I noticed a De Courcey MCV Evolution parked up showing strange information on the destination sign. I couldn't see a fleet number and  I wish I could have remembered the numbers properly.

It was something like:

"SF=106, SW=94"

Any ideas why there'd be strange digits on the display?
I wonder if the driver was aware. 

nitromatt1

Quote from: ben710 on November 20, 2013, 06:49:53 PM
This evening I was passing through Pool Meadow (about 4PM) and I noticed a De Courcey MCV Evolution parked up showing strange information on the destination sign. I couldn't see a fleet number and  I wish I could have remembered the numbers properly.

It was something like:

"SF=106, SW=94"

Any ideas why there'd be strange digits on the display?
I wonder if the driver was aware.

That looks like a test code

Valandil

I've heard that sometimes the equations used in the code for displays somehow manage to show up, instead of a destination.
As someone who has done their fair share of programming, I can't quite see how this is the case (to output there would normally be a command something like print a, where a is a variable storing text and would never be an equation).
I have seen photos of this happening to displays on other vehicles in other companies too.

trident4370

I think it is the size of the LED's

Stu

It is most likely just a case that the display unit has been 'rebooted' and shows some kind of test code / initialisation string output while restarting.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ben

Nathan4775

:) so the same must apply to the diamond bus i seen displaying similar
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555