News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Next batch of Pulsars

Started by Tony, November 04, 2013, 08:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tphi12000

Quote from: bob on November 19, 2013, 06:07:42 PM
Theres only 2 iant there?  Would be sensible for them to join the others at burton
well it would but I would have thought  most will be leaving Burton when the Pulsars enter service.
Tony

Bob

Maybe burtons darts will go instead...

John

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on December 02, 2013, 05:07:27 PM
First day in service for 3773

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81543024@N06/11172928905/

I don't know.. they look an awful lot nicer then NXWM's Single Deckers.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

Arriva have sent me full details of the VDL/Wrights currently being delivered:-

3770-5 (FL63 DXA/B/C/D/E/F) - Burton
3776-8 (FL63 DXG/H/J) - Coalville
3779-85 (FL63 DXK/M/O/P/R/S/T) - Cannock
3786-92 (FL63 DXU/V/W/X/Y/Z/YA) - Oswestry
3793-7 (FL63 DYB/C; DWV/W/X/Y) - Telford

all of 3779-97 will initially be delivered to Cannock before entering service

andy

Quote from: Tony on December 03, 2013, 06:13:56 PM
Arriva have sent me full details of the VDL/Wrights currently being delivered:-

3770-5 (FL63 DXA/B/C/D/E/F) - Burton
3776-8 (FL63 DXG/H/J) - Coalville
3779-85 (FL63 DXK/M/O/P/R/S/T) - Cannock
3786-92 (FL63 DXU/V/W/X/Y/Z/YA) - Oswestry
3793-7 (FL63 DYB/C; DWV/W/X/Y) - Telford

all of 3779-97 will initially be delivered to Cannock before entering service

Look at that Bob, and not a mention of Tamworth. Music to your ears  ;)

Bob

Much needed at cannock though.  Wonder what theyll replace

Bob

Why would they be needing replacement?  3 have been refurbished.  Plus theres loads worse buses in the fleet, the 51plate darts have aabsolutely had it and need getting rid of

Bob

Yea but they wont be needed now will they with versas going there

arrivadays

Cadets among other things - I wouldn't say the Darts, because they're small, Pulsars are large - they don't really match, if that makes sense?
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

Yea but the darts are used on the pye greens/33s regularly and are too small for both. The only thing darts are any good for is poss the 2/2a (im referring to mpds)

arrivadays

Yes, but who's to be sure that Arriva will move the MPDs to other routes by the time the Pulsars arrive? I know the depots like to have a varying size of vehicles in their fleet, ranging from 8.8m Darts to 11m+ VDLs/Citaros, so that they have flexible allocation on all their routes.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

What would they move them to at cannock? ?? Too small for lichfield stafford walsall (1) and wolves routes?

arrivaaston

It would appear that if cannock have new pulsars there only having 4 for the Pye Greens, as in January times are being changed so it runs every 15 minutes, 57 plates are ok for Pye Greens, why top of the range? Even better make it half hourly and throw a decker on as Bob has sed before

Ashley

I'm guessing this batch of Pulsars will replace B6's and the oldest Darts?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk