News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Off Topic - New Excel X1 ADL E400's

Started by winston, September 24, 2013, 12:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Although not a West Midlands operator, it may be of interest to some to see the first glimpses of the new fleet of 22 x ADL E400's for First East England's Excel X1, they definitely have a wow factor about them, full marks to First Group!

http://fecx1news.blogspot.co.uk/

It appears Potteries (Newcastle) are set to benefit from the 5 x 07 plate B7TL/Wright Gemini (37156-60) made redundant at Kings Lynn, whilst surprisingly all of the 58 plate B9/Geminis are staying at First East England and are to be split between Lowestoft (X2) & Yarmouth

Liverpool Street

Very, very nice buses there. But I do think the livery is a bit.. messy. Other than that, excellent purchases.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Bob

What are the 5 going to potteries going to be used on?

Kiewii

Very very shiny, though I wonder how long that will last?? The front half of the livery looks good, but towards the rear it does look messy.

Kiewii

Anyway, today some of the E400s entered service on the X1. They also have white destination screens, like those of Lothian's E400Hs.

Trident 4609

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk