News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Johnsons

Started by jc, May 02, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on September 18, 2021, 10:31:52 AM
I went to the forum and found this: 

https://tangytango.proboards.com/thread/10377/ceased-bus-companies?page=13&scrollTo=655880

I cannot find the source referred to. At this point in time it sounds like a bit of an unsubstantiated claim to me, unless someone can find a verifiable source for this.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

stephen ford

Its on London transport bus news weekly report dated yesterday, normally very reliable perhaps Tony can confirm if possible.

Steveminor

Tony would not be able to confirm or deny anything until an official statement is made as nx are on stock market certain protocols must be in place

Tony

Quote from: metrocity on September 18, 2021, 10:27:23 AM
I am surprised that enthusiasts are being informed over shareholders..

It came up on a Facebook posting last week as well, an Johnson's PA completely denied all knowledge

Diversions in Stratford Town Centre today due to a food festival. They are unable to serve Wood Street/Bridge Street today and tomorrow.
Coming into Stratford I think it unloaded at Arden Street by Stratford Hospital, the stop I boarded at on the way out had no timetable/no numbers on the flag, etc, the one by the railway station, you'd think it was out of use if you didn't know otherwise.
There's also a stagecoach flag on a lampost by the Beefeater in Hockley Heath just before the TFWM X20 bus stop as well.

Quote from: stephen ford on September 18, 2021, 11:22:08 AM
Its on London transport bus news weekly report dated yesterday, normally very reliable perhaps Tony can confirm if possible.
If it is true they'd take on the X20, X50, wonder if they'd be incorporated into NX West Midlands?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on September 18, 2021, 02:55:47 PM
If it is true they'd take on the X20, X50, wonder if they'd be incorporated into NX West Midlands?

Its not true, so don't start getting carried away.
My locals:

Trident 4194

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 18, 2021, 06:28:50 PM
I sincerely hope this isn't true. Don't want nx ruining more of the network

Well luckily it isn't true, as has already been stated earlier.
My locals:

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 18, 2021, 06:28:50 PM
I sincerely hope this isn't true. Don't want nx ruining more of the network
NX fares might be a bit less than Johnsons if a day ticket was valid on these routes as its £4, if they ever ran them, as say Hockley Heath to Stratford is £6.30 return for example. But then again Johnsons fares might be priced higher to keep the service viable in more rural area and less passengers.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on September 18, 2021, 08:28:30 PM
NX fares might be a bit less than Johnsons if a day ticket was valid on these routes as its £4, if they ever ran them, as say Hockley Heath to Stratford is £6.30 return for example. But then again Johnsons fares might be priced higher to keep the service viable in more rural area and less passengers.

Quote from: Stu on September 18, 2021, 03:09:27 PM
Its not true, so don't start getting carried away.

Quote from: Tony on September 18, 2021, 02:39:54 PM
It came up on a Facebook posting last week as well, an Johnson's PA completely denied all knowledge
My locals:

Quote from: Stu on September 18, 2021, 08:46:38 PM

I  didn't say they are going to run it, I was mentioning the difference in fares, I guess its down to rural area, less passengers, etc.
I guess a lot would currently take the train to some of the places X20/X50 goes as well, so that will also affect passenger numbers, I did notice off peak return from Henley In Arden to Stratford is slightly less than the return on the bus. (But if a £4 all day ticket was valid out there like we have in the West Midlands, i'm sure passengers would benefit, with reduced fares).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ian Hardy

Recently I saw a comment on caption of a photo of a Johnsons of Hodthorpe (near Worksop) that they had been taken over by National Express, but I cannot remember what site the photo was on.

Perhaps this is the Johnsons that NX has taken over and not the Henley-in-Arden company? 

Tony

Quote from: Ian Hardy on September 18, 2021, 09:17:14 PM
Recently I saw a comment on caption of a photo of a Johnsons of Hodthorpe (near Worksop) that they had been taken over by National Express, but I cannot remember what site the photo was on.

Perhaps this is the Johnsons that NX has taken over and not the Henley-in-Arden company?

If a PLC takes over another operator they announce it to the stock exchange and shareholders.

National Express have not made any such announcements, so have not taken over anybody

danny

Guys on one of my days off I'd like to try and catch one of the metro city DDs anyone know if there allocated to a specific route or is it just pot luck
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Stuharris 6360

I read this when I got Ian's weekly Bus News on Friday and the first thing I did was to check this page becauuse I knew if it was true then it would be a major topic of conversation. What I found was nothing. so I assumed it was wrong and didn't think about it again.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk