News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Johnsons

Started by jc, May 02, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

Quote from: StourportSam on April 11, 2017, 07:19:50 PM
If you're planning to visit Stratford on Avon, don't bother using the park and ride service. For the second time in the last few days, the 1851 number 1 bus from Bridge St to the park and ride has left 4 minutes early and would not stop for me hailing it as I was walking to the bus stop at the time.

Then the next bus, number 4 at 1906, turned up at 1905 and turned his engine off. When asked at 1910 why the driver, reading his newspaper, hadn't left at 1906 like he was supposed to - his answer was literally "I go when I'm ready mate". Excellent customer service, my experience of Johnsons so far reminds me of Western Greyhound towards the end, such as disappointment in the general attitude.

All I want to do is get to and from work...

What's the VOSA tolerance for early/late running?

You should email Pete Johnson @StourportSam I have his email if you require?
Stourbridge   125

Adam 404

Johnson's have made a great fleet list including all of the buses names:

@Tony , you may find this useful as well.

Quote from: Adam 404 on April 21, 2017, 09:31:11 PM
Johnson's have made a great fleet list including all of the buses names:

@Tony , you may find this useful as well.
Not all the buses in the fleet are on there. The E200 are missing. So are YT13HKZ and YN63BYP.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Adam 404

Quote from: 2206 on April 21, 2017, 09:52:14 PM
Not all the buses in the fleet are on there. The E200 are missing. So are YT13HKZ and YN63BYP.
I did notice that, but all the names are listed on there, which the buses you have listed do not have, probably the reason why it is not featured in their list.

mikestone

One of the Bard's buses on Redditch rail replacement today - all DD because of the Villa game perhaps.?

WMT3000

For anyone interested there's a Yutong demonstrator in plain white livery on the X20 today. Looked a bit out of place in Sparkhill!

Solo1

How many times has the demo been used on x20.

Trident 4194

How long is demonstrator here for?

StourportSam

SN65 OJA Bard's Bus X20 branded double decker on the 4 park and ride service in Stratford this afternoon - from what I have seen this is very rare.

wmtlynx

Quote from: StourportSam on April 11, 2017, 07:19:50 PM
If you're planning to visit Stratford on Avon, don't bother using the park and ride service. For the second time in the last few days, the 1851 number 1 bus from Bridge St to the park and ride has left 4 minutes early and would not stop for me hailing it as I was walking to the bus stop at the time.

Then the next bus, number 4 at 1906, turned up at 1905 and turned his engine off. When asked at 1910 why the driver, reading his newspaper, hadn't left at 1906 like he was supposed to - his answer was literally "I go when I'm ready mate". Excellent customer service, my experience of Johnsons so far reminds me of Western Greyhound towards the end, such as disappointment in the general attitude.

All I want to do is get to and from work...

What's the VOSA tolerance for early/late running?

Customer Service is one of the main selling points at Johnsons, to which the majority of drivers adhere to. It's a bit unfair to tarnish a whole company for the actions of individuals, especially on a public forum. I've had bad experiences with most operators, but enough positive ones to continue using buses when the need arises. Most of the Johnsons drivers are lovely.

No idea why the 1851 would go early as it would show up on the vehicle tracker, which is a huge risk to take for a driver. As for the 1906, the driver probably waited to leave deliberately late to avoid early running at Wood Street. Wood Street bus stop becomes a taxi rank at 1900. At that time of evening, it takes about a minute from Bridge Street to Wood Street, which on the timetable gets 5 minutes. The driver should have explained that.

Michael Bevan

Hybrid Versa YJ11 EJE was on the 42/87 today. Took me by surprise in Solihull earlier.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 05, 2017, 10:46:56 PM
Hybrid Versa YJ11 EJE was on the 42/87 today. Took me by surprise in Solihull earlier.

That certainly is noteworthy.  Not only is it unusual (if it has ever happened before) but also they seem to be for sale - see http://www.johnsonscoaches.co.uk/used-coach-sales/10/5-x-hybrid-versa-bus-2011-/.

There may be more variety on the X20 on Saturdays, from now on.  There were changes to most Stratford area services yesterday (Monday 5 June), among them a new separate Park & Ride service which is due to see double deck operation on Saturdays and Bank Holidays - see here: http://news.warwickshire.gov.uk/blog/2017/05/26/warwickshire-county-council-announce-changes-to-stratford-park-and-ride/.

StourportSam

Both buses on the P+R were E200s today.

monkeyjoe

Is the x20 being curtailed to Solihull soon? I read it somewhere

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk