News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Johnsons

Started by jc, May 02, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

@nxwmbusfan1999

I think they do - I saw it on the X20 this morning as well - quite a shock to see it when I looked out of the window from the 76  :)

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Liberator9 on March 11, 2015, 04:44:17 PM
@nxwmbusfan1999

I think they do - I saw it on the X20 this morning as well - quite a shock to see it when I looked out of the window from the 76  :)

Yes, they are trailing it, as stated on their Twitter

barry

Yes the MMC is on a weeks trial.... Catch it while you can.

James4368

Quote from: barry on March 11, 2015, 08:36:30 PM
Yes the MMC is on a weeks trial.... Catch it while you can.
Hope it's out Saturday on X20 :)
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

James4368

Asked Johsnons on their facebook page and

E400MMC Demo YY64GWX On X20 Saturday if anyone wants to get a photograph :)
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Kevin

Noticed on the list of April services changes on NWM site, the 87 is mentioned as extended to Solihull. I know the one journey is each way already but is it going to be all journeys now?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Adam 404

I talked to the Coventry Area Manager about this yesterday. All 87's are being extended to Solihull via Berkswell, Meriden and Hampton In Arden.
This could replace the TaxiBus...

Kevin

Quote from: Adam 404 on March 15, 2015, 07:44:19 AM
I talked to the Coventry Area Manager about this yesterday. All 87's are being extended to Solihull via Berkswell, Meriden and Hampton In Arden.

Intriguing...
NWM site says extended via Knowle
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

JPC

Quote from: Kevin on March 15, 2015, 10:39:17 AM

Intriguing...
NWM site says extended via Knowle

Sounds interesting if they are indeed providing the extension all day with the surplus bus, It likely follows same route as existing extension - direct via Knowle, as there isn't enough time for anything longer, (morning peak is timed 25 minutes), the Cannon Park loop hopefully remains offering a convenient location for linking up with the 360 service  ;).

Adam 404

Remember,  the timetable goes with the 42 so they have extra time. They are hardly going to extend via Knowle when there is the 88.

Solo1

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on March 12, 2015, 03:37:14 PM
Asked Johsnons on their facebook page and

E400MMC Demo YY64GWX On X20 Saturday if anyone wants to get a photograph :)
here is the demobus  https://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/16636619070/

Dennis

Johnsons have a Coventry Area Manager??

Solo1

Quote from: Dennis on March 16, 2015, 12:59:19 PM

Johnsons have a Coventry Area Manager??
I think he means the network west midlands  manger for the Coventry area

JPC

Quote from: Adam 404 on March 15, 2015, 02:12:15 PM
Remember,  the timetable goes with the 42 so they have extra time. They are hardly going to extend via Knowle when there is the 88.

Between Balsall Common and Knowle the 88 goes via Oldwich Lane and Chadwick End, the 87 does not go that way but via Temple Balsall instead, a more direct route which is about 2½ miles shorter.
Between Solihull and Knowle the S3 is half-hourly and 88 is hourly, adding service 87 to this could potentially offer a balanced 15 minute frequency.
Balsall Common gets a more frequent and more direct bus service to Knowle and Solihull. Burton Green residents will welcome back a regular bus service which goes to Solihull.
This extended service 87 will be is about 62 mins and service 42 about 22 mins = 84 minutes plus the customary 6 minutes slack makes 90 minutes which equates to 180 minutes there and back = 3 buses, well that's what I expect the off peak period to look like.

JPC

Traveline Midlands now hosts the new 42 and 87 timetables, confirming all 87 journeys extend to/from Solihull via Knowle, the resultant route revision through Balsall Common seems to avoid Alder Lane, Balsall Street East and Berkswell Rail Station.
In theory Diamond's 88 should be adjusted to run via Balsall Street East and Station Rd in both directions and terminate at Berkswell Rail Station - @Simon Dunn take note.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk