News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinnedPeaches

This is fascinating and really rather worrying. The bus pictures on this chap's various websites have a photoshop of the circular spiral present on Hallmark's coaches (another Rotala reference) and those various other websites have endorsements from so-called employees of CityFox, seemingly masquerading as customers.

This chap seems to be worryingly delusional.

mikestone

What is more disturbing is that linkedin appears to have accepted the account - I have joined just  to point it out. Can I suggest anyone here who is a member does the same?

Stu

Quote from: Winston on November 15, 2013, 09:44:55 PM
Have you seen the other CityFox subsidiaries on FB?

https://www.facebook.com/cityfoxltd?ref=profile
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Transbristol/444707478946613?ref=profile
https://www.facebook.com/Kernowbus?ref=profile

Clearly these are all fake pages too. With the same handful of people posting on each one.

For a company based in Bristol, and with the financial clout to 'acquire' other businesses such as Claribels and Kernow Bus ( ::)), its strange that CityFox themselves operate 1 bus service, in Reading.
http://cityfoxgroup.com/services/4572912059

And that service, according to Traveline, doesn't even exist. And neither does CityFox.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

On VOSA the only 98 in Reading is run by Reading Buses for V Festival!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Steveminor

Guys guys guys, I can shed some light on this whole saga. Part of a business course at UWE calls for the student(s) to set up a bus/coach operation. The requirement is that they should set it up as if it is a real business with all the pr etc. This has caused some confusion before with people in Weston Super Mare turning up for their new bus service from W.C buses only to find the company didn't exist.
So now that's all cleared up we can move on.

Sorry for the late reply, just got back from the states.

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on November 18, 2013, 08:39:38 AM
Guys guys guys, I can shed some light on this whole saga. Part of a business course at UWE calls for the student(s) to set up a bus/coach operation. The requirement is that they should set it up as if it is a real business with all the pr etc. This has caused some confusion before with people in Weston Super Mare turning up for their new bus service from W.C buses only to find the company didn't exist.

It doesn't tell you to put false information about good companys miles away from Bristol, or do anything some of these people have been accused of by the police.

Kevin

intriguing that the course requires it to be so public, surely they know the public are going to get confused if it goes too far
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Liverpool Street

Well surely CityFox should be hosted on the School Network and only teachers/students can access it?

Steve Minor, if that's the truth, its bloody stupid idea.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 18, 2013, 10:47:04 AM
Well surely CityFox should be hosted on the School Network and only teachers/students can access it?

The other issue is why register the CityFox Bristol Ltd on companies house? As accounts still have to be submitted even if dormant and who pays the costs of registering/accounts etc

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Tony on November 18, 2013, 09:03:35 AM
Quote from: Steveminor on November 18, 2013, 08:39:38 AM

It doesn't tell you to put false information about good companys miles away from Bristol, or do anything some of these people have been accused of by the police.

Possibly the most chilling thing so far is the picture of the toasted NXWM President on that spurious 'Claribels' facebook page.

Y'know, I can't stand the Prodigy, but I'm bu$$ered if I can get one of their tracks out of my head.....

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on November 18, 2013, 11:09:20 AM

The other issue is why register the CityFox Bristol Ltd on companies house? As accounts still have to be submitted even if dormant and who pays the costs of registering/accounts etc

Indeed. I'm sure the college wouldn't want this fake company being taken seriously? Surely it takes more to set up a company then what these dodgies are doing?

And Dave, I love that reference!
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 18, 2013, 12:00:35 PM

Indeed. I'm sure the college wouldn't want this fake company being taken seriously? Surely it takes more to set up a company then what these dodgies are doing?

It costs circa £100 to register a limited through an accountant, then £30 per year to submit dormant accounts

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on November 18, 2013, 12:06:54 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 18, 2013, 12:00:35 PM

It costs circa £100 to register a limited through an accountant, then £30 per year to submit dormant accounts

And the point is...

It would be easier, and cheaper, to design a website/fake twitter/Facebook account and for it to be hosted locally on the school system. What benefit is there for this thing to registered and for it to be in the public domain?

Personally, I think its more then what Steve Minor is letting on.
until it cought fire

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 18, 2013, 12:23:42 PM

I'll put it down to senility, but I'm struggling to remember the 'unnamed' partners of Inonespin Travel. I'm not squaring 2 & coming up with 5 am I ?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on November 18, 2013, 03:06:54 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 18, 2013, 12:23:42 PM

I'll put it down to senility, but I'm struggling to remember the 'unnamed' partners of Inonespin Travel. I'm not squaring 2 & coming up with 5 am I ?

David, I think you're coming up with 4!
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk