News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

2 - Walsall to Cannock (Evening service)

Started by P419 EJW, August 13, 2013, 09:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Somewhere on this forum, I read that this particular bus service will be withdrawn on the evening services. I would like someone to give clarification regarding this. Is it true or not? What is happening?

Bob

It says withdrawn on the network wm site but arriva say its staying but has a new timetable from 1at sept, their website says timetable has changed but doesnt detail what changes. They leave you to go through tbe whole thing and work it out, 68 and 70 are changing same day too. Again no detail as to whats changing

P419 EJW

Quote from: bob on August 13, 2013, 09:58:14 PM
It says withdrawn on the network wm site but arriva say its staying but has a new timetable from 1at sept, their website says timetable has changed but doesnt detail what changes. They leave you to go through tbe whole thing and work it out, 68 and 70 are changing same day too. Again no detail as to whats changing

Righto. I will have to wait to see what happens on the 1st September for official confirmation. I give my thanks to you for helping to answer my question.

John

I thought National Express were taking over the evenings and Sunday 2 workings

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

P419 EJW

P419 EJW

Quote from: John on August 13, 2013, 10:18:18 PM
I thought National Express were taking over the evenings and Sunday 2 workings

I haven't heard a such thing about this. It is new to me.

Tony

Quote from: DJ trainbasher on August 13, 2013, 10:18:26 PM

Timetable

That's is the current timetable, not the one from the 1st September.

The Evening & Sunday journeys are currently tendered, When Staffs CC put the tender renewal out it was won by NXWM. Arriva than had a pram/dummies moment and registered most of the journeys that they previously wanted a subsidy off the council for as commercially viable, although I believe they may not have registered the last couple of journeys each way. Whether Staffs CC are retendering these and if so who has won them is the unanswered question

the trainbasher

Quote from: Tony on August 13, 2013, 10:24:26 PM

Timetable

The Evening & Sunday journeys are currently tendered, When Staffs CC put the tender renewal out it was won by NXWM. Arriva than had a pram/dummies moment and registered most of the journeys that they previously wanted a subsidy off the council for as commercially viable, although I believe they may not have registered the last couple of journeys each way. Whether Staffs CC are retendering these and if so who has won them is the unanswered question

Nope...this is the current one (clue in the file name!!)

The one I posted previously is the new one.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: DJ trainbasher on August 13, 2013, 10:27:05 PM
Quote from: Tony on August 13, 2013, 10:24:26 PM

Timetable

Nope...this is the current one (clue in the file name!!)

The one I posted previously is the new one.

Which is strange as Arriva themselves announced that the 2 would no longer serve Hednesford on Sundays, that timetable says it does!

Bob

So whats the difference between the two timetables on the arrivasite for the 2?

Westy

Checked Walsall Travel Shop yesterday.

No 1 & 2 revised timetables in either Arriva or NWM format.

Westy

Walsall Arriva Bus Guide now out, featuring the 1 & 2, in the absence of the Network WM version.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk