News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Underpowered?

Started by Bob, July 20, 2013, 02:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nx4737

Quote from: 2200 Bus on July 22, 2013, 08:29:51 PM
Quote from: arrivadays on July 22, 2013, 07:28:38 PM
Quote from: bob on July 22, 2013, 07:23:21 PM
Dude I just asked whether people thought sb200s are underpowered ( I think they are, very much so).........

To be honest, I agree. I think that SB200s are underpowered, as well as awful. The 52-plate Telford ones are probably the best you'll find - but the 59-plates are God damn awful. Rattly, not very fast, badly made, vibrate alot... The 52-plates are holding out longer already... I think Arriva should just invest in more Citaros and get some Optare Tempos - they would be something I'd like to ride on :) Even B7RLEs would be nice :)

Optare Tempos definately, Trent have them for there share of the X38 and they are brilliant.

And how often do you see an Excel standing in for a Tempo? I've known both of the Tempos to be off the road on numerous occasions!

arrivadays

Quote from: nx4737 on July 23, 2013, 05:05:25 AM
Quote from: 2200 Bus on July 22, 2013, 08:29:51 PM
Dude I just asked whether people thought sb200s are underpowered ( I think they are, very much so).........

To be honest, I agree. I think that SB200s are underpowered, as well as awful. The 52-plate Telford ones are probably the best you'll find - but the 59-plates are God damn awful. Rattly, not very fast, badly made, vibrate alot... The 52-plates are holding out longer already... I think Arriva should just invest in more Citaros and get some Optare Tempos - they would be something I'd like to ride on :) Even B7RLEs would be nice :)

Optare Tempos definately, Trent have them for there share of the X38 and they are brilliant.

And how often do you see an Excel standing in for a Tempo? I've known both of the Tempos to be off the road on numerous occasions!

I've never seen an Excel in person - but they're probably just as bad as the SB200s. How often do you see a Versa stand in for a B6BLE or Dart? Like I say, Citaros or Tempos would be nice - especially for places like Cannock/Telford.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

I had heard that Telford were going to be having another 20 sb200s........

Bob

I have to say though the four 52 plate ones at Cannock are pretty bad, theyre the only ones in the fleet not to have been refurbed, and have worn the same branding since 2007! They also sound shagged... ive been on a refurbed ex telford one at burton. Pretty good.

arrivadays

Quote from: bob on July 23, 2013, 09:23:12 AM

I have to say though the four 52 plate ones at Cannock are pretty bad, theyre the only ones in the fleet not to have been refurbed, and have worn the same branding since 2007! They also sound shagged... ive been on a refurbed ex telford one at burton. Pretty good.

BF52OAE is probably the best you'll find - but I've only been on it once or twice - our 52 plates, as I say, are holding out better than the 59-plates are. BF52 OAD is the other one, that's a bit knackered 'cos it's now hoovering constantly - but it's good nonetheless.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

arrivadays

Quote from: bob on July 23, 2013, 09:19:39 AM
I had heard that Telford were going to be having another 20 sb200s........

What?! God, can't we just have more Versas - Omni Scanias would be nice, as well... Telford needs a fleet like Burton and Derby - 'posh' stuff like Tempos, Scanias, as well as Enviro200s (they would be nice!) But, we can only hope and dream.

Bob

Do you only have 2 52 plates left then? Cannocks might be alright if they got a refurb and some mechanical tlc. Sb120 bu03 hre has the worst interior of any bus ive ever been on filthy and threadbare. Telfords remaining ones were refurbed werent they? It just goes to show cannocks fleet is uncared for. Least u had fk52 mml back though! Have u been on that? Bloody terrible the whole bus shakes when idling

arrivadays

Quote from: bob on July 23, 2013, 09:53:15 AM
Do you only have 2 52 plates left then? Cannocks might be alright if they got a refurb and some mechanical tlc. Sb120 bu03 hre has the worst interior of any bus ive ever been on filthy and threadbare. Telfords remaining ones were refurbed werent they? It just goes to show cannocks fleet is uncared for. Least u had fk52 mml back though! Have u been on that? Bloody terrible the whole bus shakes when idling

FK52MML is back at Telford?  :o It better not be! I've never been on it - but I know that it's probably as bad as when we had 2377 back in the day. Yes, we only have 2 Commanders, which is a shame. 2733 has now got a turbo leak - squeals like mad. I guess we got FK52MML back because we gave you 2361 (even worse).

Bob

A couple of the cannock ones squeal horribly, they sound absolutely shagged tbh. Really need respraying and refurbing too

arrivaaston

The Y/UON cadets are better than the bu03 cadets IMO, 2733 is the only 1 in Telford not to have had a respray, 3717 and 3718 are the only 2 commanders left and gotta say 3717 sounds quite rough..........

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk