News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wba_lad

I see a Walsall scania is parked in Birmingham central, is this due to them being on hydro boards?

Wba_lad

Does anyone know what the electric bus is parked in the corner behind the fuel bay at Birmingham central please.

Also does anyone know what the blue and white enviro 400 is parked up at the back of Birmingham central where the shutters are please.

Tony

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 09, 2024, 05:04:03 PMDoes anyone know what the electric bus is parked in the corner behind the fuel bay at Birmingham central please.

It changes 2 or 3 times a day

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on January 09, 2024, 06:07:40 PMIt changes 2 or 3 times a day
Oh I see thankyou anyway, what is the enviro 400 blue and white at the back?

mesub

Quote from: jasmine on January 09, 2024, 09:49:45 PMSeemingly every MMC in town today didn't have the 'via' section on their rear display, anyone know what's up with that?

Most BC Platinums (and potentially others, but I haven't had an opportunity to see) had their stop announcements updated just after the new year.

Obviously someone made a decision that the via points on the rear destination display shouldn't be displayed anymore, so that's the case now.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Wba_lad

Quote from: mesub on January 10, 2024, 07:30:58 PMMost BC Platinums (and potentially others, but I haven't had an opportunity to see) had their stop announcements updated just after the new year.

Obviously someone made a decision that the via points on the rear destination display shouldn't be displayed anymore, so that's the case now.
The Via points still display, the new blinds on the rear blinds transition, it says for example 16 Hamstead, then on next part it says 16 hamstead via handsworth ect.

Mike K

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 10, 2024, 07:52:00 PMThe Via points still display, the new blinds on the rear blinds transition, it says for example 16 Hamstead, then on next part it says 16 hamstead via handsworth ect.
Not on BC buses they don't. It's just a static display showing 23 Bartley Green for example.

Not sure what's to be gained from removing the 'via' information for passengers to be honest. The route number is still the same size, it was clear what route the bus was on and where it was going before they changed the displays. 

MW

Quote from: Mike K on January 10, 2024, 09:06:50 PMNot on BC buses they don't. It's just a static display showing 23 Bartley Green for example.

Not sure what's to be gained from removing the 'via' information for passengers to be honest. The route number is still the same size, it was clear what route the bus was on and where it was going before they changed the displays.

The X2 is showing a larger final destination "Solihull" and then Railway Station on the right side. All static.

EK40

Quote from: Mike K on January 10, 2024, 09:06:50 PMNot on BC buses they don't. It's just a static display showing 23 Bartley Green for example.

a lot of companies have been doing similar ive noticed, making the rear full size dests just the destination and number if i had to guess for styling because it does look slightly "cleaner".

Noticed the 110s have done the exact same and updated their displays similarly, although the rear displays before were a bit of a mess so it was kind of needed for those. but atleast they changed the font to the font arriva use as standard.

Quote from: EK40 on January 10, 2024, 10:13:06 PMa lot of companies have been doing similar ive noticed, making the rear full size dests just the destination and number if i had to guess for styling because it does look slightly "cleaner".

Noticed the 110s have done the exact same and updated their displays similarly, although the rear displays before were a bit of a mess so it was kind of needed for those. but atleast they changed the font to the font arriva use as standard.
Now you chaps have pointed it out its obvious now, been driving around Brum looking at buses around me some thing had changed   but i couldnt put my finger on it as they say

MasterPlan

Just curious, can NSA be updated on a vehicle remotely? As I was just on 6878 and initially the next stop would disappear from the screen between stops but then it was taken off altogether (probs changed to NIS) and then it came back on and the stop names didn't disappear anymore.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Wba_lad

6878, just seen in West Brom, assuming it's came from West Bromwich garage for MOT

I was on 6864 earlier this afternoon and the next stop announcement onboard display was blank while the vehicle was moving. When it came to a bus stop it came on briefly and then it turned off again similar to what @Materplan said above.
I noticed a few weeks ago 7522 was doing the same thing. So it might be a fault on some of the BC vehicles maybe @Tony?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on February 12, 2024, 05:23:13 PMI was on 6864 earlier this afternoon and the next stop announcement onboard display was blank while the vehicle was moving. When it came to a bus stop it came on briefly and then it turned off again similar to what @Materplan said above.
I noticed a few weeks ago 7522 was doing the same thing. So it might be a fault on some of the BC vehicles maybe @Tony?

All the ones I've caught lately on the X2 to and from work have been doing that.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on February 12, 2024, 05:23:13 PMI was on 6864 earlier this afternoon and the next stop announcement onboard display was blank while the vehicle was moving. When it came to a bus stop it came on briefly and then it turned off again similar to what @Materplan said above.

Quote from: Jack on February 12, 2024, 05:24:39 PMAll the ones I've caught lately on the X2 to and from work have been doing that.
It's not just BC's vehicles, I know YWs do as well, certainly when on the 2 and 3 which were recently updated.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk