News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Mike K

6835 has already had its X61 branding removed and is on the 24 today.

uniquicity

Quote from: Mike K on June 22, 2018, 04:53:29 PM
6835 has already had its X61 branding removed and is on the 24 today.

Can corroborate, have just seen it at the Wesleyan

Mike K

Pride Bus 4879 has just gone down War Lane, Harborne, with 'Little Bears Detective Club' on the destination display.

Not seen that destination mentioned yet in the South Birmingham changes.

DJ

Quote from: Mike K on June 23, 2018, 05:43:20 PM
Pride Bus 4879 has just gone down War Lane, Harborne, with 'Little Bears Detective Club' on the destination display.

It would've been coming from the Acocks Green open day, as it was parked up inside on display for most of the day.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Mike K

Quote from: StourValley98 on June 23, 2018, 06:17:02 PM
It would've been coming from the Acocks Green open day, as it was parked up inside on display for most of the day.

Looked like it was possibly on its way to take over service from another bus as it was heading out of Harborne towards Woodgate / Bartley Green, driven by an engineer when I saw it.

Jack

@Ian Hardy, spare Platinum E400 MMC's are usual on the 60.

Ian Hardy

The NXWM Google Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/162Cm_RG7_yomLkV_m7WBwHlsMI77R0-CpoJz3FdTjSM/edit#gid=0

does not list E400MMCs as also commonly used, that is why I reported it, perhaps the spreadsheet needs updating to reflect this?

Ian

Jack

Quote from: Ian Hardy on June 23, 2018, 08:39:33 PM
The NXWM Google Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/162Cm_RG7_yomLkV_m7WBwHlsMI77R0-CpoJz3FdTjSM/edit#gid=0

does not list E400MMCs as also commonly used, that is why I reported it, perhaps the spreadsheet needs updating to reflect this?

Ian
I'm pretty sure it use to, it does need updating then, E400 MMC's are common and majority of the buses on the Sunday allocation are MMC's.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Jack on June 23, 2018, 08:52:55 PM
I'm pretty sure it use to, it does need updating then, E400 MMC's are common and majority of the buses on the Sunday allocation are MMC's.

You a time traveler. It's saturday not Sunday

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 23, 2018, 09:38:18 PM
You a time traveler. It's saturday not Sunday
Much need in your pointless post? Also it's traveller not 'traveler'.
Saturday's see's a few MMC's on the 60 from my observations then again as does Mon-Fri. Sunday's the whole allocation is MMC, use to be E400.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Mike K on June 23, 2018, 05:43:20 PM

It ended up on the X61 this evening. So I suspect it was a change bus.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 23, 2018, 10:45:42 PM
It ended up on the X61 this evening. So I suspect it was a change bus.

I find it quite interesting that a bus was at a open day for the most part of the day (Give or take), was used as a change bus. I assume as it was "out" and a bus needed changing, it made more sense to send a bus thats probably more nearer and already out to the scene as opposed to starting something and sending it out.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on June 23, 2018, 11:24:34 PM
I find it quite interesting that a bus was at a open day for the most part of the day (Give or take), was used as a change bus. I assume as it was "out" and a bus needed changing, it made more sense to send a bus thats probably more nearer and already out to the scene as opposed to starting something and sending it out.

I think what would have happened is that it returned back to BC and was probably conveniently parked next to the exit, and seeing as it's a Saturday, would already have had a VCR and it's walk around check done and therefore more practical to send out. It wouldn't have been sent from AG, if that's what you mean, as it would have been a BC engineer driving it to wait with/repair the broken bus.

Ian Hardy

I had something similar occur at a Reading Buses open day a few years ago.

I caught a rail replacement bus from Reading West to Reading, Morton's were one of the operators and they used their preserved ex Reading Buses Optare Vecta M957VWY on the service.

When I got to the Reading Buses depot, parked in the historical display was M957VWY.

Well at least Morton's got part of the run from their depot at Little London into Reading paid for by First Great Western.

Ian Hardy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk