News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Ronnoc on July 25, 2021, 06:31:55 PM
I apologise for my lack of knowledge since I haven't caught up much on what's going on.
I've heard a few things about compliant and non-compliant buses entering the city centre, I thought all the buses that received the adblue traps a few years ago were considered compliant. What has changed that makes some of these buses no longer compliant?

The company called Green Urban that fitted the early traps lost their government accreditation meaning buses fitted with their exhaust systems no longer qualify as 'euro 6' buses

Stu

I must have missed this one, but does anyone know when the 27 changed route in Kings Heath?

I only noticed today while out and about that this now follows the 76 route between Vicarage Road and Hollybank Road, no longer serving Barn Lane and Addison Road.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SO6597

Quote from: Stu on August 08, 2021, 08:05:32 PM
I must have missed this one, but does anyone know when the 27 changed route in Kings Heath?

I only noticed today while out and about that this now follows the 76 route between Vicarage Road and Hollybank Road, no longer serving Barn Lane and Addison Road.

Fairly recently - I think it was late May/early June?

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on August 08, 2021, 08:05:32 PM

https://bustimes.org/registrations/PD0001111/534
https://bustimes.org/registrations/PD0001111/495
https://bustimes.org/registrations/PD0001111/565

I remember there being a service change involving the 27/76/49 (or maybe the 35) having things swapped and changed between each other, but I'm sure it happened after that as I remember it being discussed here. The 76 registration suggests April '21.

Hollybank Road is closed next week so they'll be on diversion as well!

Stu

Quote from: SO6597 on August 08, 2021, 08:09:53 PM
Fairly recently - I think it was late May/early June?

Thanks, I must have missed that update somehow! I haven't done much travelling on buses, apart from going to and from work, for some time so haven't been on the 27 or 76 for months.

Quote from: ellspurs on August 08, 2021, 08:15:24 PM
I remember there being a service change involving the 27/76/49 (or maybe the 35) having things swapped and changed between each other, but I'm sure it happened after that as I remember it being discussed here. The 76 registration suggests April '21.

Hollybank Road is closed next week so they'll be on diversion as well!

The 76 hasn't changed round here, still the same route. But still, it was a nice alternative route home from Harborne this evening.
My locals:

Jack

Quote from: Stu on August 31, 2021, 08:39:12 PM
Twas a bit of a novelty to have 4578 as my ride home on the 3 this evening.  8)
4583 was also on it earlier today.

Is 4606 allowed on the City services or will it stick to the 18/49/76?

Stu

Quote from: Jack on August 31, 2021, 10:07:31 PM
Is 4606 allowed on the City services or will it stick to the 18/49/76?

According to the CAZ checker, 4606 would not be charged to enter the CAZ.
https://vehiclecheck.drive-clean-air-zone.service.gov.uk/vehicle_checkers/enter_details
My locals:

wulfrun

Are all operators now required to use vehicles with an emission standard Euro 6 or better, if they wish to use any of the stops within the Solihull AQPS zone?

If that is the case, how can YW 43xx and 45xx Tridents be permitted to work services 49 and 76? Were some these buses fitted with Green Urban traps – which have since lost their accreditation to qualify as "Euro 6" compliant vehicle? If so how can they still qualify for Solihull AQPS?

I can't find any documentation that mention delays/changes implementing the Solihull AQPS Euro 6 deadline (3rd Jan 2021)
"Forward in Unity"

MW

Quote from: wulfrun on September 02, 2021, 08:50:24 PM
Are all operators now required to use vehicles with an emission standard Euro 6 or better, if they wish to use any of the stops within the Solihull AQPS zone?

If that is the case, how can YW 43xx and 45xx Tridents be permitted to work services 49 and 76? Were some these buses fitted with Green Urban traps – which have since lost their accreditation to qualify as "Euro 6" compliant vehicle? If so how can they still qualify for Solihull AQPS?

I can't find any documentation that mention delays/changes implementing the Solihull AQPS Euro 6 deadline (3rd Jan 2021)

I was confused about that too. Same goes for the B7s on the AG routes.

BBS

2165 seems to have visited Yardley wood garage.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

cris 99

seems to have visited Yardley Wood how do you know that?
17//72/73/97/X12

Tony

Quote from: cris 99 on September 07, 2021, 04:45:50 PM
seems to have visited Yardley Wood how do you know that?

By watching the map on bustimes

Stu

Quote from: bbs on October 15, 2021, 09:25:40 PM
Might be wrong about this bus
EO14 - 2/3

@bbs E014, not EO14  ;)

The electric bus fleet numbers are E followed by three numeric digits.

I don't think these are particularly noteworthy on the 2 or 3 any more, as there seems to be at least one or two used on these services daily. We're back to a point now where the OmniLinks seem to be more noteworthy!
My locals:

BBS

Quote from: Stu on October 16, 2021, 05:35:11 PM
@bbs E014, not EO14  ;)

The electric bus fleet numbers are E followed by three numeric digits.

I don't think these are particularly noteworthy on the 2 or 3 any more, as there seems to be at least one or two used on these services daily. We're back to a point now where the OmniLinks seem to be more noteworthy!
Am sorry i didnt know
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

37351ml

Is E005 under repair, not seen it in service for a while (19 October according to bus times)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk