News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: filbus1 on March 29, 2021, 11:11:20 AM
Looks like 4321 is now withdrawn, sitting in the garage with mirrors and other bits taken off.

No it isn't withdrawn. It's just waiting for a replacement gearbox to arrive from Miller Street

filbus1

Quote from: Tony on March 29, 2021, 11:16:35 AM
No it isn't withdrawn. It's just waiting for a replacement gearbox to arrive from Miller Street
Thought it was a bit sudden as people were saying how well it was performing.

Stu

Quote from: samuel derrington on June 16, 2021, 04:15:28 PM
4809 / 2 and 3

@samuel derrington although its an on-loan vehicle, E400s do commonly appear on the 2 and 3, so not really noteworthy.

@Tony will probably clarify for me but I guess these routes will use any YW vehicle apart from Tridents, with Omnilinks now appearing to be the 'usual' allocation.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on June 16, 2021, 06:33:22 PM
@samuel derrington although its an on-loan vehicle, E400s do commonly appear on the 2 and 3, so not really noteworthy.

@Tony will probably clarify for me but I guess these routes will use any YW vehicle apart from Tridents, with Omnilinks now appearing to be the 'usual' allocation.

Yes, Omnilinks are the allocated vehicle, but any spare E400 or E400MMC will be used where available

Sh4318

I wonder how the 2/3 are coping being predominantly operated by omnilinks.

That corridor hasn't been mostly singles since the 3/A days with the B10Ls
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Tony

Quote from: Sh4318 on June 16, 2021, 08:23:03 PM

It has had a spell with Scanias before.

It copes easily towards city, only problem comes when there are gaps in the 6 service outbound

Stu

Quote from: Sh4318 on June 16, 2021, 08:23:03 PM

Quote from: Tony on June 16, 2021, 08:45:46 PM
It has had a spell with Scanias before.

It copes easily towards city, only problem comes when there are gaps in the 6 service outbound

As someone who relies on the 2/3 to get to/from work, I mostly agree with Tony, there are a couple of inbound morning peak journeys that do get busy - notably the 3 that departs Slade Lane at 8:05 which usually has a load of Swanshurst school girls on, but they all get off at the next stop after I board. Prior to the 17th June changes, if this vehicle was a single-deck, it would show 'Bus Full' and would pass by, which used to be a bit annoying, so I started walking up to Yardley Wood Road to get that journey, knowing it would be half-empty at that stop.

And generally for the outbound journey in the evening, it can be hit or miss, there was one frustrating experience last week I think where I waited nearly half an hour, because a 3, then a 2, and then another 3 all sailed past 'Bus Full' from Auckland Road in Sparkbrook, because as Tony stated there seemed to be a couple of 6s missing or delayed.

But I do think those routes cope quite well with single decks during the off-peaks. 
My locals:

Tony

4383 passed its MoT today and is now taxed so is available for service tomorrow after being reinstated from the dead lines at Pensnett

Jack

@bbs, E400's aren't noteworthy on the 6 or 50...

BBS

Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Jack

@bbs, again like I said theres nothing noteworthy about 4728 on the 6. Neither really were the Omnilinks when there was Electrics (on the 2 and 50) and Platinums on the 2...

Sh4318

Quote from: Jack on July 20, 2021, 09:45:40 PM
@bbs, again like I said theres nothing noteworthy about 4728 on the 6. Neither really were the Omnilinks when there was Electrics (on the 2 and 50) and Platinums on the 2...

The Omnilinks have been popping up all over the place. Presumably to ensure the 2/3 gets a couple of deckers per day
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Jack

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 20, 2021, 09:55:56 PM
The Omnilinks have been popping up all over the place. Presumably to ensure the 2/3 gets a couple of deckers per day
I think its a shortage of Compliant Deckers, considering they've been putting E400's on the 49 and been putting Tridents on the 50 which has happened a few times now since the start of June.

Ronnoc

I apologise for my lack of knowledge since I haven't caught up much on what's going on.
I've heard a few things about compliant and non-compliant buses entering the city centre, I thought all the buses that received the adblue traps a few years ago were considered compliant. What has changed that makes some of these buses no longer compliant?

Stu

Quote from: Ronnoc on July 25, 2021, 06:31:55 PM
I apologise for my lack of knowledge since I haven't caught up much on what's going on.
I've heard a few things about compliant and non-compliant buses entering the city centre, I thought all the buses that received the adblue traps a few years ago were considered compliant. What has changed that makes some of these buses no longer compliant?

I tried to find the original post here, but couldn't, so if I'm wrong about this I'm happy to be corrected by @Tony

I seem to recall something being said, that the exhaust traps that NX Bus bought were 'certified' as Euro6 standard, however there was some problem with the supplier of these traps, and as a result of this, the equipment was no longer certified as Euro6 standard, but the traps did reduce emissions somewhat, maybe only as far as Euro5 standard.

That's the vague recollection I have, and I'm happy to be corrected, but as far as I believe, that is why a large number of supposedly 'upgraded' vehicles do not meet the Birmingham CAZ requirements.
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk