News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB2938

Single decks could work if a higher frequency introduced.
Worked fine on 2 12 35 with Lynxs later B10ls from 1989-2010.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Steve3229vp

Quote from: PB2938 on October 03, 2020, 08:28:27 PM
Single decks could work if a higher frequency introduced.
Worked fine on 2 12 35 with Lynxs later B10ls from 1989-2010.
When the Lynxes were on the 2 and 12 their peak frequecies were at least every 7-8 mins, not like every 20 minutes as it is now, They would need to be at least every 15 minutes each if single deckers were introduced.

PB2938

Yes that's my point any route converted to single deck needs
A frequency increase to work.

I remember 2/12 both every 10 minutes joint frequency of 5.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Stu

So this evening, I'm waiting for the 3 that arrives just before 6:20pm at Auckland Road, it was showing as a 3 to Yardley Wood on the app and arrived right on time. But it had '2 Warstock' on the front display.

I did wonder if the driver had put up the wrong destination by mistake, so I was a bit cautious when I pressed the bell to alight at the Billesley Common stop, just in case he carried on round the corner onto Trittiford Road - in which case I'd have stayed on to the next stop, and politely point out he had the wrong display. But no, he did stop at the right stop and then continued on down Yardley Wood Road. As I was stood at the front waiting to get off, I did notice that the Init screen was showing the service as '3 to Yardley Wood, Slade Lane' and it was 'On Time'. 

Very curious, didn't look like any journeys were running particularly late, unless they were and this adjustment was so the driver could finish their shift at the depot. Wasn't a massive inconvenience to me to be honest, as I don't mind the 5 minute walk down Trittiford Road to get home.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Lukeee

Quote from: Stu on December 09, 2020, 07:05:10 PM
So this evening, I'm waiting for the 3 that arrives just before 6:20pm at Auckland Road, it was showing as a 3 to Yardley Wood on the app and arrived right on time. But it had '2 Warstock' on the front display.

I did wonder if the driver had put up the wrong destination by mistake, so I was a bit cautious when I pressed the bell to alight at the Billesley Common stop, just in case he carried on round the corner onto Trittiford Road - in which case I'd have stayed on to the next stop, and politely point out he had the wrong display. But no, he did stop at the right stop and then continued on down Yardley Wood Road. As I was stood at the front waiting to get off, I did notice that the Init screen was showing the service as '3 to Yardley Wood, Slade Lane' and it was 'On Time'. 

Very curious, didn't look like any journeys were running particularly late, unless they were and this adjustment was so the driver could finish their shift at the depot. Wasn't a massive inconvenience to me to be honest, as I don't mind the 5 minute walk down Trittiford Road to get home.

Sounds like he changed the ticket machine for the current journey but forgot to change blinds (assuming both routes interwork)

BBS

Seen a very odd sighting. A electric at Acocks Green. A 6 branded electric came out of AG and was heading for YW. unsure what specific bus it was.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

bususer28

I went to do my shopping at the new Aldi at Tunnel Road in Kings Norton and noticed that there was a bus stop bay outside so I was wondering as to whether there was any intention to extend the 35 or divert the 49 to serve it.

Stu

Quote from: bususer28 on January 17, 2021, 03:12:02 PM
I went to do my shopping at the new Aldi at Tunnel Road in Kings Norton and noticed that there was a bus stop bay outside so I was wondering as to whether there was any intention to extend the 35 or divert the 49 to serve it.

Unlikely, that bus stop bay is more likely for Ring And Ride pickup/dropoff I would have thought.
My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Jack6101 on February 21, 2021, 09:25:10 AM
Does anyone know why 4383,4384 are on there way to PN right now , also 4385 and 4387 and pos anther 1 have gone to PN yesterday this info is on bus times ? Transfer ?or withdrawn ?

If all we are going to get on this forum is 'Bus Times' 'Bus Times' 'Bus Times' Then I will close it down. It got boring with K2 and his maps, hence why I stopped that.

100 people watching maps all day then querying every bus movement will annoy everyone.

Yes 4 YW 43xx have been withdrawn

Bus times says 76 is to be rerouted via Selly Oak in April.
https://bustimes.org/registrations/PD0001111/565
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SO6597

Quote from: 2206 on March 08, 2021, 11:09:07 PM

I wonder whether it will revert back to its old Chapel Lane route now that it can travel in both directions? There are bus stops there but without flags. Alternatively, will it use the new bus gate from Harborne Lane onto the Bristol Rd?

ellspurs

On the same list, there's an update for the 11A/C to be rerouted in Selly Oak as well.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on March 08, 2021, 11:09:07 PM

Technically the 76 already does go 'via Selly Oak', so what it probably means is that the route will be revised in Selly Oak.
My locals:

j789

I'd also send the 76 down Harborne Lane (the way the 11 goes towards Harborne Park Road) and up Metchley Lane to the QE hospital to provide better links to Harborne High Street for Resorvoir Road residents. The 48 could also run that route into the QE hospital too.

The 76 running like this would also do a full circle of Harborne as it also returns down Harborne Park Road to get onto Quinton road.

filbus1

Looks like 4321 is now withdrawn, sitting in the garage with mirrors and other bits taken off.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk