News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bususer28

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2020, 12:57:29 PM
It is the Yardley Wood Staff bus. It takes Yardley Wood Staff into work. It is registered so available to the public, but that is not the point of it.
That would make sense, my confusion is over! :)
Quote from: mesub on August 07, 2020, 07:31:15 PM
Just out of interest, what types of buses do you see? :P
I normally see either the e200mmc or the omnilinks. Never seen a double decker on it though.

ellspurs

Quote from: Tony on July 19, 2020, 05:23:09 PM
It was E016 and that hasn't been in service all week

Has this bus been repaired and put back into service?

I'm pretty certain that I saw it last week, but I couldn't remember if it was E006 or E016 that was damaged, and now that I saw E006 today I can't remember which one I saw last week.

Tony

Quote from: ellspurs on August 10, 2020, 03:01:35 PM
Has this bus been repaired and put back into service?

I'm pretty certain that I saw it last week, but I couldn't remember if it was E006 or E016 that was damaged, and now that I saw E006 today I can't remember which one I saw last week.

Yes E016, been back at YW over a week

ellspurs

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/changes-to-bus-services-in-northfield-area-from-30th-august-2020

The new 27, 49 and 76 will be:
27 - Maypole - Yardley Wood - Kings Heath - Bournville - Northfield - Frankley - Longbridge (running every 20 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes)
49 -  Solihull - Shirley - Maypole - Pool Farm - Kings Norton - West Heath - Longbridge - Rubery Great Park (running every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes)
76 -  Solihull - Shirley - Yardley Wood - Kings Heath - Selly Park - QE Hospital - Harborne - Weoley Castle - Northfield (running every 20 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes)

What route will the 76 take between the QE Hospital and California/Barnes Hill?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: 2206 on August 13, 2020, 03:10:24 PM
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/changes-to-bus-services-in-northfield-area-from-30th-august-2020

The new 27, 49 and 76 will be:
27 - Maypole - Yardley Wood - Kings Heath - Bournville - Northfield - Frankley - Longbridge (running every 20 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes)
49 -  Solihull - Shirley - Maypole - Pool Farm - Kings Norton - West Heath - Longbridge - Rubery Great Park (running every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes)
76 -  Solihull - Shirley - Yardley Wood - Kings Heath - Selly Park - QE Hospital - Harborne - Weoley Castle - Northfield (running every 20 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes)

What route will the 76 take between the QE Hospital and California/Barnes Hill?
The 76 will very likely go via Harborne Park Road and Quinton Road.
I wonder how long it's going to take for someone to say "bring back the 29" - YAWN!
At first glance at these changes I first thought why not just shorten to 27 to terminate at Northfield and leave the 49 alone!
But looking at it again it all makes sense, the reason why the 27 is extended to Longbridge is so the same amount of single deckers are still being used (in other words the PVR on the 27 will be the same as now). This highlights a problem for NX as they have still too many single deckers, unfortunately they have to go somewhere and most of them have years more service ahead for them.

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 13, 2020, 03:59:15 PM
I would expect that it would use Harborne Park Road and Quinton Road towards Northfield/from Harborne.

What I was wandering is whether from Solihull/Towards Harborne whether it'd go the way the 19 goes via Mindelsohn Way/Metchley Lane or the way the 48 goes past the Uni Station?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SO6597

Be interesting to see whether the 27/49 take the same route between Longbridge and Rubery (i.e. along the Bristol Rd) or whether one of them will serve Rednal.

the trainbasher

Thats the reliability of the 76 messed up. I wonder how long it'll take before it gets changed again!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 13, 2020, 03:59:15 PM
I wonder how long it's going to take for someone to say "bring back the 29" - YAWN!
At first glance at these changes I first thought why not just shorten to 27 to terminate at Northfield and leave the 49 alone!
But looking at it again it all makes sense, the reason why the 27 is extended to Longbridge is so the same amount of single deckers are still being used (in other words the PVR on the 27 will be the same as now). This highlights a problem for NX as they have still too many single deckers, unfortunately they have to go somewhere and most of them have years more service ahead for them.

You can say yawn all you want, but it's true. Wouldn't have to mess about with 3 routes like this to get deckers between Northfield and Harborne if they'd just kept the 29.

The 27 has been farcical enough, replacing it with the 76 is beyond a joke let's be honest here.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 13, 2020, 05:06:58 PM
You can say yawn all you want, but it's true. Wouldn't have to fuck about with 3 routes like this to get deckers between Northfield and Harborne if they'd just kept the 29.

The 27 has been farcical enough, replacing it with the 76 is beyond a joke let's be honest here.
First of all keep your swearing to yourself, a forum like this has no place for it.
Secondly, I'd have a 26 from City to Northfield but running direct via War Lane to Barnes Hill instead of Quinton Road which would be quicker than the old 29.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 13, 2020, 05:17:12 PM
First of all keep your swearing to yourself, a forum like this has no place for it.
Secondly, I'd have a 26 from City to Northfield but running direct via War Lane to Barnes Hill instead of Quinton Road which would be quicker than the old 29.

Fine, I've changed the wording. Just annoys me a bit when people get flippant about things they know nothing about.

Well, that 26 idea isn't going to happen to that's not really relevant.

Tony

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 13, 2020, 05:22:43 PM
Fine, I've changed the wording. Just annoys me a bit when people get flippant about things they know nothing about.

Well, that 26 idea isn't going to happen to that's not really relevant.

And can I ask if you are an expert in bus scheduling?

MasterPlan

Quote from: Tony on August 13, 2020, 05:41:25 PM
And can I ask if you are an expert in bus scheduling?

Can I ask where I'd claimed to be?

Tony

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 13, 2020, 05:44:39 PM
Can I ask where I'd claimed to be?

This is your quote

"Just annoys me a bit when people get flippant about things they know nothing about."

Yes you critisise NXWM commercial team

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk