News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyreForestShuttle

Joyriding bus thief steals brand new electric double Decker from Yardley Wood depot, extract from Birmingham Mail:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/joyriding-bus-thief-steals-brand-18600678

Busboy105

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 16, 2020, 11:30:31 AM
Joyriding bus thief steals brand new electric double Decker from Yardley Wood depot, extract from Birmingham Mail:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/joyriding-bus-thief-steals-brand-18600678
How did he steal it? I hope he didn't just waltz into YW and took it.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on July 16, 2020, 01:16:34 PM
How did he steal it? I hope he didn't just waltz into YW and took it.

How else do you steal a bus from a garage?

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on July 16, 2020, 02:21:30 PM
How else do you steal a bus from a garage?
Very easily if you know how to start a bus, when i was at Midland Red West we had a spate of thefts from the Bull Ring Bus Station culminating with a lad who stole a 192 out of Bull Ring Bus Station after loading it with passengers and happily set off down the Hagley Rd issuing tickets and picking up and set down only to be finally stopped by the police at Bearwood. The passengers were blissfully unaware till the police caught up with it but luckily this bus in question didn't have to keep above 50mph mind you no problem if it was a Lance! On a serious note after such an serious investment by your company I hope there wasn't too much damage for you to sort out @Tony ?

winston

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 16, 2020, 02:31:02 PM
Very easily if you know how to start a bus, when i was at Midland Red West we had a spate of thefts from the Bull Ring Bus Station culminating with a lad who stole a 192 out of Bull Ring Bus Station after loading it with passengers and happily set off down the Hagley Rd issuing tickets and picking up and set down only to be finally stopped by the police at Bearwood. The passengers were blissfully unaware till the police caught up with it with it but luckily this bus in question didn't have to keep above 50mph mind you no problem if it was a Lance! On a serious note after such an serious investment by your company I hope there wasn't too much damage for you to sort out @Tony ?

Looks mainly lower panel damage:

Tony

Quote from: Winston on July 16, 2020, 02:34:42 PM
Looks mainly lower panel damage:

Only damage happened when the thief turned left out of the garage and caught the railings. This is a manouvre banned to YW drivers due to the tight nature of the turn.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on July 16, 2020, 03:26:20 PM
Only damage happened when the thief turned left out of the garage and caught the railings. This is a manouvre banned to YW drivers due to the tight nature of the turn.
Thank goodness it wasn't worse @Tony at least the consequences are a vivid reminder to YW drivers on leaving the garage.

winston

Quote from: Tony on July 16, 2020, 03:26:20 PM

NX have been quite lucky then, the thief could have easily have taken out some parked cars etc with it

Tony

BCT liveried 4722 is out on the 35

windy miller

If its not too delicate a question which E bus was involved please?  I went to solihull
on business on Wdnesday (15th) using the 6 and the only E buses unseen (on the day) were:
  01  03  012 016 and 019   
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on July 19, 2020, 05:18:23 PM
If its not too delicate a question which E bus was involved please?  I went to solihull
on business on Wdnesday (15th) using the 6 and the only E buses unseen (on the day) were:
  01  03  012  and 019

It was E016 and that hasn't been in service all week

windy miller

Incidentally if you know how to steal a Rail locomotive it wouln't be the first
  time its been done! back in the early 70's a former rail apprentice at Derby took a class
40  'Peak' locomotive on a joyride from Derby depot on christmas day. He drove the loco
  for several miles at 25-30 MPH down the Midland main line before he was caught. :o

windy miller

Quote from: Tony on July 19, 2020, 05:23:09 PM
It was E016 and that hasn't been in service all week
thanks for the info tony

I had already seen 16 the previous week my mistake

midlandred2003

A class 40 was not a peak, they were 44,45,46

mesub

There was a 45** Trident on the 27E to Weoley castle, it then ran back to Northfield.

I presume it was a "sweeper" bus since all double deckers are supposed to be banned from the 27
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk