News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stevo

Stevo

E012 on driver training in Hall Green today.

Busboy105

Am I the only one who finds it weird that the new 6 branding doesn't have the 6 number next to the key areas it serves? Plus why isn't Sparkbrook on there? That's a major area right?

Stevo

Is there a date yet for the launch of the E0s?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Busboy105 on June 10, 2020, 12:27:32 AM
Am I the only one who finds it weird that the new 6 branding doesn't have the 6 number next to the key areas it serves? Plus why isn't Sparkbrook on there? That's a major area right?

Upcoming Stratford Road review? Renumbered to E6 to denote electric service?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

CL

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on June 10, 2020, 11:56:01 AM
There's a photo of its interior branding, which does mention the 6.. I'll link it later if I get the chance to find it
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Steve3229vp

The branding on the electrics states "up to every 5 mins"  which I would expect to apply to peaks on Monday to Friday, the pre-lockdown timetable was no more than every 6 minutes. So I would think when normality returns (Could by months away) a new improved timetable would be introduced BUT 19 buses won't be enough, even if the daytime is every 6 minutes the PVR would be approx. 17 buses, that only leaves 2 spare, also the capacity of the new electric bus is 7 seats less than a standard platinum (electrics are 65 seaters and platinums are 72 seaters). I should imagine that standard platinums will continue on the 6 alongside the new electrics.

Busboy105

Don't think so. Every Stratford Road service has had a review in its sense from the last consultation. The 2 now runs alongside the 3 between Birmingham and Yardley Wood, the 5 replaces the 2 in Sparkhill and has a slight change to route because of this. The 31 was shortened to Acocks Green. The 37 was split into the 4 and 4A (which goes to Gospel Oak and Robin Hood Island to replace the 31).
I don't see what NX can do for a Stratford Road review.

MW

Quote from: Steve3229vp on June 10, 2020, 12:52:12 PM
The branding on the electrics states "up to every 5 mins"  which I would expect to apply to peaks on Monday to Friday, the pre-lockdown timetable was no more than every 6 minutes. So I would think when normality returns (Could by months away) a new improved timetable would be introduced BUT 19 buses won't be enough, even if the daytime is every 6 minutes the PVR would be approx. 17 buses, that only leaves 2 spare, also the capacity of the new electric bus is 7 seats less than a standard platinum (electrics are 65 seaters and platinums are 72 seaters). I should imagine that standard platinums will continue on the 6 alongside the new electrics.

Perhaps the recent Platinum transfers to AG have their part to play in this..? The 5 also serves all the areas on the 6 branding.

Busboy105

Quote from: MW on June 10, 2020, 05:15:19 PM
Perhaps the recent Platinum transfers to AG have their part to play in this..? The 5 also serves all the areas on the 6 branding.
Yes.. apparently the 5 is to become Platinum and wouldn't interwork with the 73 anymore. What would happen to the extra Volvos then?

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Busboy105 on June 10, 2020, 04:45:33 PM
Don't think so. Every Stratford Road service has had a review in its sense from the last consultation. The 2 now runs alongside the 3 between Birmingham and Yardley Wood, the 5 replaces the 2 in Sparkhill and has a slight change to route because of this. The 31 was shortened to Acocks Green. The 37 was split into the 4 and 4A (which goes to Gospel Oak and Robin Hood Island to replace the 31).
I don't see what NX can do for a Stratford Road review.

It was posted on here a while ago that a Startford Rd review was due this year, i guess Covid derailed those  plans. I remember in the last review they had ideas about making an express Acocks green service via the A45 as one idea. So i guess still other ideas that could come out the wood work. I am just speculating though, i could be wrong.

Busboy105

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 10, 2020, 05:50:05 PM
It was posted on here a while ago that a Startford Rd review was due this year, i guess Covid derailed those  plans. I remember in the last review they had ideas about making an express Acocks green service via the A45 as one idea. So i guess still other ideas that could come out the wood work. I am just speculating though, i could be wrong.
Is there a reason why the Stratford Road is a subject to review?

MW

Quote from: Busboy105 on June 10, 2020, 05:57:57 PM
Is there a reason why the Stratford Road is a subject to review?

Because of growing passenger numbers on the 6.

Stu

Prior to the start of the lockdown, TfWM had just replaced most of the flags along the Stratford Road with the new design (though nothing had changed service-wise), so it would be a complete waste of money if any route numbers changed and the flags all had to be replaced again.

Quote from: MW on June 10, 2020, 05:15:19 PM

The 5 and 6 serve different parts of Hall Green though.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk