News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

This may be a daft question but where is the 49 supposed to terminate in Northfield? Because earlier I saw one which appeared to stop at the 27 stop on the high st blocking a 27 from getting to the stop which I thought was quite odd.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Busboy105

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 08, 2019, 10:35:00 PM
This may be a daft question but where is the 49 supposed to terminate in Northfield? Because earlier I saw one which appeared to stop at the 27 stop on the high st blocking a 27 from getting to the stop which I thought was quite odd.
It terminates at the Bell Lane bus stop opposite the pound store.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 08, 2019, 10:54:31 PM
It terminates at the Bell Lane bus stop opposite the pound store.

Oh? I always thought it was on Bell Hill as I've seen them stop there, before turning around. Besides the stop by the Pound Store only says 27 on the flag.

mesub

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 08, 2019, 11:09:18 PM
Oh? I always thought it was on Bell Hill as I've seen them stop there, before turning around. Besides the stop by the Pound Store only says 27 on the flag.

Yea they don't seem to have the number if it's terminating anymore. An example of that is the 18 terminating at Bartley Green.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SO6597

The 49's first pick up is at the main stretch of bus stops opposite MacDonalds  (where the 48 terminates). It seems to have a couple of layover points - the top of Bell Hill as mentioned but I've also seen them parked up just before the dedicated bus lane/traffic light junction by the Grosvenor Centre.

Before the opening of the new road, they used turn round and wait  by the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital (as did the old SO 64).

John Stait

4732 back home from refurbishment and out on the 50 on New Years Eve.

MasterPlan

Just seen 1915 sat by an old X64 stop on Weoley Castle Road displaying 27 Maypole which I thought was a bit weird. Is there a journey that starts from Weoley Castle now and it's just waiting time?

mesub

Quote from: MasterPlan on January 09, 2020, 07:03:03 AM
Just seen 1915 sat by an old X64 stop on Weoley Castle Road displaying 27 Maypole which I thought was a bit weird. Is there a journey that starts from Weoley Castle now and it's just waiting time?

Possibly, I've also bserved that not all journeys on the 27 from Maypole or Harborne 
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on January 09, 2020, 07:03:03 AM

You could always look at the timetable  ;)

Timetabled journey at 07:02 starts from Weoley Castle Square towards Maypole.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stu on January 09, 2020, 06:22:57 PM
You could always look at the timetable  ;)

Timetabled journey at 07:02 starts from Weoley Castle Square towards Maypole.

Well to be honest the timetables for the 27 aren't worth bothering with most of the time  ;)

So I see. Any reason for this? It can't be random, surely. Though that said I notice there's also a 10:00 journey on Saturday from Yardley Wood to Maypole which is timetabled to take 7 mins. Is there really any point of that? Maybe there is, just seems a little weird is all.

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on January 09, 2020, 08:19:41 PM
Well to be honest the timetables for the 27 aren't worth bothering with most of the time  ;)

So I see. Any reason for this? It can't be random, surely. Though that said I notice there's also a 10:00 journey on Saturday from Yardley Wood to Maypole which is timetabled to take 7 mins. Is there really any point of that? Maybe there is, just seems a little weird is all.

They probably have their reasons.  ;)

Considering the 27 is operated from Yardley Wood garage, it would make sense to have a running board that starts from there at 10am on Saturday, which probably then slots into the schedule to make the 27 every 20mins during Saturday daytime.

Without checking the timetable, there may be an early running board on Saturday that finishes at the Maypole before going back to garage.
My locals:

Tony

4921's first full day at YW today and it is out on the 35 if anyone wants to find it

darthdc

1921 now has the distinction of having a girls name (Isobelle Fleur) and a dedication (Steve Ainsworth).

Stu

Quote from: Jack on February 01, 2020, 11:33:35 AM
2246 - 6

@Jack E200s are still common on the 6, though obviously less often now.
My locals:

Jack

Quote from: Stu on February 01, 2020, 02:25:58 PM
@Jack E200s are still common on the 6, though obviously less often now.
Hence why I posted, incase someone wanted to tick it off before goes up north.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk