News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Apparently the 27 terminus is changing in Harborne? Is this true? If so, where?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

mesub

It could terminate at Harbone Junction and then use the roundabout at serpentine road to do a loop back the way it came.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Stu

2 and 3 seemed to be majority single-deck today - if we have to have singles can we at least have the E200s rather than OmniLinks please?  :(

I left work a bit earlier than normal this afternoon, just before 4pm, and couldn't get on the 3 as it was rammed full and the driver couldn't stop.  :'(

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on September 30, 2019, 07:16:30 PM
2 and 3 seemed to be majority single-deck today - if we have to have singles can we at least have the E200s rather than OmniLinks please?  :(
What difference would it make?
Would it actually make any difference to the average passenger, if it was an E200 instead of an Ominilink? Do the E200 have any extra capacity, compared to an Omnilink?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Stu on September 30, 2019, 07:16:30 PM

I left work a bit earlier than normal this afternoon, just before 4pm, and couldn't get on the 3 as it was rammed full and the driver couldn't stop.  :'(

The E200MMCs cannot make a couple of the turns easily on the 2 and 3 so have been put on the 27 until I  can arrange for them to leave YW

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Tony on September 30, 2019, 07:32:34 PM
The E200MMCs cannot make a couple of the turns easily on the 2 and 3 so have been put on the 27 until I  can arrange for them to leave YW

Pensnett potentially if the 15 moves to it?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

darthdc

Saw 4566 being towed through Kings Heath, presumably back to YW.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on October 24, 2019, 03:56:20 PM
2241 and 2246 - YW 76.
Seems to have been quite a few of these on the 76 over the last few days.

The 2 and 3 seem have gone back to mostly double-decks again (which I'm not going to complain about!) so the singles are having to be used elsewhere, presumably Tony's plan isn't quite working out to schedule:

Quote from: Tony on September 30, 2019, 07:32:34 PM

Wonder if the plan is to swap them for Omnilinks from elsewhere?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Stu on October 24, 2019, 06:41:57 PM
The 2 and 3 seem have gone back to mostly double-decks again (which I'm not going to complain about!) so the singles are having to be used elsewhere, presumably Tony's plan isn't quite working out to schedule:

Wonder if the plan is to swap them for Omnilinks from elsewhere?

WB?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

First day in service at YW for 4306 today.
Should be out on the 18 until 17:55

Busboy105

Does anyone know where the remaining YW MMCs are going to go? Are they gonna stay at YW and rub on another route or are all of them going to WB or another garage? (Back to AG to make the 4/A fully MMC operated perhaps?)

filbus1

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 03, 2019, 09:51:32 PM
Does anyone know where the remaining YW MMCs are going to go? Are they gonna stay at YW and rub on another route or are all of them going to WB or another garage? (Back to AG to make the 4/A fully MMC operated perhaps?)
YW have just 11 Scanias, is that enough for the 27, I doubt it. I think its been said elsewhere the MMCs are staying.

Wumpty

YW3225 heritage bus will be at Pensnett on Saturday morning for a bus naming ceremony.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

darthdc

Went to WB yesterday, and half the buses I saw at the bus station were ex YW/AG stock. Not exactly the best place to get photos though, due to the lack of vantage points. Had more luck on the other side of town,

Tony

4306 has been withdrawn at YW with a failed gearbox

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk