News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Stu on September 04, 2019, 07:26:21 PM
It's been on the 2 yesterday and today, so more likely to find it there or on the 3 now.

Quote from: darthdc on September 05, 2019, 04:45:18 PM
I did notice a few of the 22xx buses in Kings Heath today, operating on the 27 and 35 routes.

Yeah, the 2 and 3 seemed to be back to double-decks again today, wondered where the E200s went to!  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

37351ml

7522/26/34 all on 50, 7519/25/33 on35

darthdc

Is 4535 on loan at YW? I swear I've just seen her pass my house in Brook Lane. Unless there is another lime green bus with yellow trim about, it could only be her. I did see her at YW back in November for the anniversary open day.

Quote from: darthdc on September 08, 2019, 10:23:07 AM
Is 4535 on loan at YW? I swear I've just seen her pass my house in Brook Lane. Unless there is another lime green bus with yellow trim about, it could only be her. I did see her at YW back in November for the anniversary open day.

Heading to the Bus Bash.

Westy

So did anyone from the forum actually go yesterday, apart from Tony obviously?

As I mentioned elsewhere, I couldn't go due to illness mainly, but surprised there's not been much comment on here.

Looking at the photos on the Historic Vehicle FB page, there's a few vehicles there, I wouldn't mind seeing at Aston Manor at some point, the Scania, the East Lancs bodied Fleetline for starters.

There were mentions of complaints on the page I noticed.

Were they just of distance to travel, or other reasons?

darthdc

I did go, but it was close to 4pm. I didn't even know about it, and was only aware after a number of buses passed my house. Only found it after noticing them at the rugby club. Got a few pics, though I've seen 4651 a few times in service. Saw 4535 and 2102 at the YW birthday bash in November.

Busboy105

Does anyone know what the metal thing on the top of the bus is for? I'm talking about the ones on the ex-Wolves Tridents.

Solo1

Quote from: Busboy105 on September 12, 2019, 06:48:33 AM
Does anyone know what the metal thing on the top of the bus is for? I'm talking about the ones on the ex-Wolves Tridents.
It's for trees so don't smash a window  when goes past overhanging branches

Stu

Quote from: Busboy105 on September 12, 2019, 06:48:33 AM

You mean the metal pole at the front left of the upper deck?

Quote from: Solo1 on September 12, 2019, 07:37:49 AM
It's for trees so don't smash a window  when goes past overhanging branches

The technical term is "tree deflector"  ;)
My locals:

Busboy105

Cool name... but how come it's not on all Tridents? I mean all of the Enviro 400s and the Gemini's have it.

Squiz1971

Quote from: Busboy105 on September 12, 2019, 06:33:43 PM
Cool name... but how come it's not on all Tridents? I mean all of the Enviro 400s and the Gemini's have it.
As they were introduced from the 53 reg tridents & Gemini's too @Busboy105

dw1308

Quote from: Squiz1971 on September 12, 2019, 08:03:38 PM
As they were introduced from the 53 reg tridents & Gemini's too @Busboy105

I also seem to remember a few lea hall tridents having these fitted before the garage closed and all of lea halls tridents were 03 plates

Stu

Quote from: Tony on September 03, 2019, 07:32:49 PM
2/3 going single deck

Is this still happening @Tony ? I only ask as while there are now more Platinum E400s being used on the 6, the 2 and 3 have for the most part been majority double-deck this week.

I brought this up on a local group on Facebook, and the feedback so far suggests that most people don't seem to think it would be an issue using singles, and some people would welcome cleaner less-polluting vehicles, though there have been a couple of concerns with capacity issues at the city-end of the route(s).
My locals:

j789

Quote from: Stu on September 13, 2019, 07:20:21 PM
Is this still happening @Tony ? I only ask as while there are now more Platinum E400s being used on the 6, the 2 and 3 have for the most part been majority double-deck this week.

I brought this up on a local group on Facebook, and the feedback so far suggests that most people don't seem to think it would be an issue using singles, and some people would welcome cleaner less-polluting vehicles, though there have been a couple of concerns with capacity issues at the city-end of the route(s).

The last few days, I have seen a lot of single deck e200s on the 18 rather than the usual double deckers so perhaps the 18 may be going single decked now.

mesub

Quote from: j789 on September 13, 2019, 07:50:45 PM
The last few days, I have seen a lot of single deck e200s on the 18 rather than the usual double deckers so perhaps the 18 may be going single decked now.

There has been the odd trident but mostly e200 MMCs
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk