News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: mesub on July 11, 2019, 03:29:37 PM
6913 - 18

@mesub I don't see how you find Platinums noteworthy on the 18. YW appear to have a fair few spares that can reguarly wander from the 50 onto any of their double decker routes from observations. Pretty much every time I'm in Northfield or Cotteridge I see at least one Platinum on there. Branded ones are worth mentioning obviously but regular generics belong in this thread as far as I'm concerned. Apologies for having to say this but it's hardly a rare occurrence

Sh4318

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on July 11, 2019, 05:00:34 PM
@mesub I don't see how you find Platinums noteworthy on the 18. YW appear to have a fair few spares that can reguarly wander from the 50 onto any of their double decker routes from observations. Pretty much every time I'm in Northfield or Cotteridge I see at least one Platinum on there. Branded ones are worth mentioning obviously but regular generics belong in this thread as far as I'm concerned. Apologies for having to say this but it's hardly a rare occurrence

YW must be the only garage/one of the only garages to have spare platinums available
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Tony

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 11, 2019, 06:22:47 PM
YW must be the only garage/one of the only garages to have spare platinums available

All garages have the same percentage of spares

Stu

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on July 11, 2019, 05:00:34 PM

They are noteworthy as they are not the allocated type.

Maybe someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but whenever I see the 18 its usually Tridents on there, though admittedly I don't get the 18 myself very often, so I would presume the usual allocation is Tridents.

But obviously if there are Tridents unavailable due to being off the road for maintenance, then of course if there's a 'spare' Platinum in the garage that would be used instead.

I've seen YW Platinums on the 2, 3, 6 and 35 on odd occasions, but I'd still consider them noteworthy, as they're 'not meant to be' on those routes.

That is my opinion, just as you have your own. If I were to follow your logic, then really there is no such thing as a 'noteworthy' working, and all this spotting is just a waste of peoples' time.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 11, 2019, 06:22:47 PM

WN has spares that frequent the 15/16/17
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Sh4318

Quote from: Tony on July 11, 2019, 06:25:52 PM
All garages have the same percentage of spares

Then why are there so many platinum routes that regularly see other bus types?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

CL

6912 & 6943 - both on the 6

6914's joined the party; just arrived into Solihull Town
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John Stait

Certain 50 boards are peak hours only so return to Garage between peaks, if engineering don't need them they could be utilised to cover late running on the 18 or be used as change buses.

darthdc

4803 on the 35, and 4806 on the 76 today.

Stu

Was waiting this evening for the 3 journey to Yardley Wood timetabled to arrive at Auckland Road (Stratford Road) stop at 18:00. I was tracking it on the app, but it was 4589 that arrived, with '2 Maypole' on the displays.

Out of curiosity, I checked on the app again while we were on Stoney Lane, and the app was showing the '3' bus at the same stop as my location.

As I was getting off at the Trittiford Road stop on Yardley Wood Road, I took a glance at the ticket display screen, and it did show the service and destination as '3 Yardley Wood'. But the driver did continue down Yardley Wood Road along the 2's route.

One thing I do like about Paul Harrington's YourStop app, is that as well as showing 'predicted' bus arrival times, it also shows the 'scheduled' time, so you can have an idea of how late (or indeed early) that journey is running. When I got on the 2 in Sparkbrook, the '3' journey (that was supposed to have turned up) looked to be on time.

Very bizarre! Either there was some crafty adjusting from AVL going on, or the driver took it upon themselves to run as a 2 rather than a 3!

Fortunately for me, while the 3 drops me round the corner from my house, its only a short walk down Trittiford Road if I get the 2 instead, so I'll just get on whatever turns up first.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

j789

I saw a crimson Trident being towed down the M5 South this evening, I think the fleet number was 4576 but I was on the opposite carriageway so can't be sure. Was it going somewhere to be upgraded to Euro 6?

winston

Quote from: j789 on July 20, 2019, 11:59:57 PM
I saw a crimson Trident being towed down the M5 South this evening, I think the fleet number was 4576 but I was on the opposite carriageway so can't be sure. Was it going somewhere to be upgraded to Euro 6?

It's already upgraded Euro 6.

j789

Quote from: Winston on July 21, 2019, 12:03:01 AM
It's already upgraded Euro 6.

I saw it being towed as it went under Junction 4 southbound so it didn't seem to be a breakdown on the way back to the garage as it would have exited and gone up the a38 to longbridge. As I say, the fleet number may not be correct as it was on the opposite carriageway but was definitely a NXWM crimson trident.

winston

Quote from: j789 on July 21, 2019, 12:10:41 AM
I saw it being towed as it went under Junction 4 southbound so it didn't seem to be a breakdown on the way back to the garage as it would have exited and gone up the a38 to longbridge. As I say, the fleet number may not be correct as it was on the opposite carriageway but was definitely a NXWM crimson trident.

Doesn't matter on fleet number, if it's a Crimson Trident, it's already upgraded to Euro 6.

The Euro 6 upgrades are done at Grayson's which are now located at Tyseley in Birmingham.

j789

I wonder where it was off too then. Didn't look damaged either. Intriguing, maybe Tony knows?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk