News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stait

The 6 should never have been converted to saloons, and it's been exacerbated by the withdrawal of the 2, 5 and 31 from Sparkhill.
The electric buses won't help with the overcrowding, and the route has always suffered from bunching even in the Metrobus days. The 5 should be rerouted at Sarehole Mill to operate via the 11 route up to School Road, that would help no end.

Sh4318

Quote from: John Stait on April 11, 2019, 09:41:30 AM
The 6 should never have been converted to saloons, and it's been exacerbated by the withdrawal of the 2, 5 and 31 from Sparkhill.
The electric buses won't help with the overcrowding, and the route has always suffered from bunching even in the Metrobus days. The 5 should be rerouted at Sarehole Mill to operate via the 11 route up to School Road, that would help no end.

I did say this. It was putting a lot of burden on the 6 with the withdrawal of the 31 and rerouting of the 5.

Does make me wonder what will be leaving Wolverhampton when the Enviros arrive... unless it's already been announced and I've missed it  ;D
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Quote from: Sh4318 on April 13, 2019, 12:55:00 PM
I did say this. It was putting a lot of burden on the 6 with the withdrawal of the 31 and rerouting of the 5.

Does make me wonder what will be leaving Wolverhampton when the Enviros arrive... unless it's already been announced and I've missed it  ;D
43XX Tridents?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: 2206 on April 09, 2019, 01:24:10 PM
6893 is now ticket branded. On the 35E now in the City Centre.

6912/13/14 all done now too

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/532623/
Does anyone know what this service is for?
A new registration for a Hawkesley to Kings Heath service starting from 12th May?
Service number unusually shows as H, is it some sort of special service?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

mesub

Hawksley Hopper? It's listed on the diversions for Velo so I could imagine that its most likely it
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

the trainbasher

Quote from: 2206 on April 27, 2019, 01:49:57 PM
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/532623/
A new registration for a Hawkesley to Kings Heath service starting from 12th May?

One day only service to cover parts missed of routes in that area due to the Velo diversions

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on April 27, 2019, 01:49:57 PM

See: https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/velo-birmingham-diversions-

H - "Hawksley Hopper"
C - "Chelmsley Wood Hopper"
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

j789

Have some of Yardley Wood's Crimson Tridents got new offside advert frames as I drove past one today on the 49 and I am sure the lower section of the frame looked wider than usual - covering up the extra space/small window frame?

Tony

Quote from: j789 on April 29, 2019, 07:35:26 PM
Have some of Yardley Wood's Crimson Tridents got new offside advert frames as I drove past one today on the 49 and I am sure the lower section of the frame looked wider than usual - covering up the extra space/small window frame?

Yes, 10 YW and 10 BC have had them for about a year. Other companies that have them cover the first window to fit them which is a personal hate, so I managed to find 20 buses where they fitted purely on the metalwork

j789

Quote from: Tony on April 29, 2019, 07:38:50 PM
Yes, 10 YW and 10 BC have had them for about a year. Other companies that have them cover the first window to fit them which is a personal hate, so I managed to find 20 buses where they fitted purely on the metalwork

Argh glad I wasn't seeing things then! Is there a reason to have wider advert frames, eg specific requests from advertisers or was it just a trial?

Tony

Quote from: j789 on April 29, 2019, 08:06:54 PM
Argh glad I wasn't seeing things then! Is there a reason to have wider advert frames, eg specific requests from advertisers or was it just a trial?

It's a nationwide thing where advertisers pay more and the advertising company pay the bus companies more

mesub

How come the 18 never got any route branding?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SK68MEV

Quote from: mesub on May 04, 2019, 02:15:48 PM
How come the 18 never got any route branding?
what do you mean
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Tony

Quote from: SK68MEV on May 04, 2019, 04:10:56 PM
what do you mean

The 18 from Yardley Wood garage I suspect, as he asked about the 18 in the Yardley Wood thread!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk