News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: CL on November 14, 2018, 10:12:19 AM
Furthermore, I'm sure it's been mentioned that the buses from 2007 onwards would now be prioritised for Crimsoning; leaving little to no room for anymore Tridents or Geminis
Yes, it was said a while back, that its not viable for the amount of time they have left in service and that any looking a mess will just receive quick repaints in red and white.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

To be fair, I slightly forgot that these are 15 years old already, so yeah every chance that the repaint program wouldn't have been finished by the time these would be withdrawn. I think it's only just dawned on me that we don't have Tridents left for long  :'(
Still, some are quite tatty inside, caught 4550 at the weekend and the seats were very worn.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

4369Beast

Evening all, I'm hoping I have put this in the right place but is there any truth in the 27 ( Maypole - Harborne) going back to its old route ( Maypole - Hawkesley) as residents in Harborne have been telling people that they have received some sort of Letter/Leaflet from NXWM saying they are thinking about sending the 27 back to its old route but are looking for a Replacement first. #Rumour.

MasterPlan

Quote from: 4369Beast on November 16, 2018, 10:16:24 PM
Evening all, I'm hoping I have put this in the right place but is there any truth in the 27 ( Maypole - Harborne) going back to its old route ( Maypole - Hawkesley) as residents in Harborne have been telling people that they have received some sort of Letter/Leaflet from NXWM saying they are thinking about sending the 27 back to its old route but are looking for a Replacement first. #Rumour.

Surely they cannot do that as the 27 was rerouted to replace part of the 29.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

4369Beast

That would mean eithier the 48 being rerouted from QE Hospital, Right Midelsohn way, Left Metchley lane, then former 29 route to Northfield via California, Weoley castle and Shenley lane. Although I can't see that happening as the 48 replaced the 84 between QE Hospital and Hawkesley. The only other alternative i can think of is extend the current 49 to Harborne from Northfield as it has already been extended to Weoley castle before and therefore Harborne is only a bit further on.

Mike K

I wouldn't be surprised if the 27 were changed at some stage but it seems very soon after the South Birmingham review changes were implemented for them to be changing things already.

I also fully expect that the absurdly long 48 won't last in its current form, and there to be changes to the frankly disastrous QE "express"(!) services in due course

Quote from: 4369Beast on November 16, 2018, 11:00:26 PM
That would mean eithier the 48 being rerouted from QE Hospital, Right Midelsohn way, Left Metchley lane, then former 29 route to Northfield via California, Weoley castle and Shenley lane. Although I can't see that happening as the 48 replaced the 84 between QE Hospital and Hawkesley. The only other alternative i can think of is extend the current 49 to Harborne from Northfield as it has already been extended to Weoley castle before and therefore Harborne is only a bit further on.
If they are going to replace it, why does it have to be replaced by an exsisting service?
Couldn't it operate on its self as an individual Northfield to Harborne service, maybe numbered 29 as it previously was.
The 49 is long enough as it is (Northfield to Solihull) and looking at the timetable a single AM peak trip is timetabled to take up to 1 hour 45 minutes from Northfield to Solihull, the "Absurdly long" 48's timetable also shows the journeys take approximately that length of time, surely if the 49 is extended any further than it already is then its going to just become rather unreliable.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

4369Beast

Well the word from the passengers is that the 27 is changing and they have had information saying so and they are approaching drivers on the 27 asking them whats happening with it/ whats replacing it and the drivers haven't got a clue and so they pass the info back to garage.

Stuharris 6360

Thing is, with any new/amended services, you have to give them time to bed in, they haven't been running for 6 months yet  and so I don't reckon they will do anything just yet unless it is an emergency.

Nothing is shown on VOSA so any changes are likely to be up to 8 weeks away.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Mike K

Quote from: 4369Beast on November 16, 2018, 11:48:36 PM
Well the word from the passengers is that the 27 is changing and they have had information saying so and they are approaching drivers on the 27 asking them whats happening with it/ whats replacing it and the drivers haven't got a clue and so they pass the info back to garage.

Leaflet dropping residents telling them their service may be withdrawn but having no confirmed replacement lined up sounds like strange marketing but I guess it remains to be seen what truth there is in that. I do think some aspects of the South Birmingham review have worked quite well, despite my protestations at the time, but other parts have clearly not; Weoley Castle has seen a significant degradation in its bus services.

4369Beast

I'm only saying what i was told from a mate of mine who is a driver at YW.

Sh4318

Quote from: 2206 on November 16, 2018, 11:31:49 PM
If they are going to replace it, why does it have to be replaced by an exsisting service?
Couldn't it operate on its self as an individual Northfield to Harborne service, maybe numbered 29 as it previously was.
The 49 is long enough as it is (Northfield to Solihull) and looking at the timetable a single AM peak trip is timetabled to take up to 1 hour 45 minutes from Northfield to Solihull, the "Absurdly long" 48's timetable also shows the journeys take approximately that length of time, surely if the 49 is extended any further than it already is then its going to just become rather unreliable.

Or renumber it the X23 and send it to QE/Uni then express to Birmingham following the X20-X22 routes ::)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Sayeed

Quote from: 4369Beast on November 16, 2018, 11:00:26 PM

I think rerouting 48 would be a good move. The 84 hasn't been doing well for ages and it used to have frequency up to every 20 minutes iirc. However, I liked someone's suggestion that the 84 would have been useful if it extended to Harborne with every 30 minutes frequency. 

Век живи - век учись

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 16, 2018, 11:56:13 PM
Thing is, with any new/amended services, you have to give them time to bed in, they haven't been running for 6 months yet  and so I don't reckon they will do anything just yet unless it is an emergency.

Nothing is shown on VOSA so any changes are likely to be up to 8 weeks away.

No, but they've been running for 4 months now. Quite frankly that's long enough in my opinion to know that it just isn't going to work. I don't know why anybody thought rerouting the 27 would be a good idea.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

CL

4547 is on the 50.

It's currently parked up along Selfridges
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk