News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dw1308

Looks like 4391 is now a convertible after colliding with the bridge on Bonneville lane (I think it was 4391 could just about make out the reg plate from the photo on facebook)

Jack

Quote from: dw1308 on December 21, 2017, 01:01:18 AM
Looks like 4391 is now a convertible after colliding with the bridge on Bonneville lane (I think it was 4391 could just about make out the reg plate from the photo on facebook)
Yep it's 4391. Looks lethal, but the driver should of clearly seen he couldn't get under it and he risked it. It has a Euro 6 Trap, it could be transferred to another Trident, 4380 or 4395 would be great.

Mike K

Quote from: dw1308 on December 21, 2017, 01:01:18 AM

It's staggering that a driver would attempt to take a double decker under the Bournville Lane bridge which is well known (the 27 has always been single decker operated because of it), and it's not even remotely close in terms of clearance.

monkeyjoe

On the news says was out of service. Is this guy going to get the sack and face prosecution or is it classed as just an accident.

Kevin

Quote from: Mike K on December 21, 2017, 07:28:41 AM
It's staggering that a driver would attempt to take a double decker under the Bournville Lane bridge which is well known (the 27 has always been single decker operated because of it), and it's not even remotely close in terms of clearance.

Really is baffling that a YW driver couldn't know about the bridge. I've felt slightly unnerved going through in a single deck before
Also, how fast was he going to get all the way through???
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Jaysnerz007

I can't think of where he was running special From to go under the bridge ?

MW

That particular bridge is or was officially too small for a single decker. Signs say 10 foot I think, and a single decker is about 10 foot 6. Something like that. Went under it when I was training (as a passenger). At a guess, the bus would have running dead from QE Hospital to YW. I'm guessing that the driver was regular on the 27, and must have not realised that they were driving a double decker. I can't imagine that feeling when you've just hit the bridge. Must be sheer panic!

Edit: Actually I think the signs have been changed. A few years ago, the signs definitely said that the bridge wasn't high enough to fit a B10B.

filbus1

It would be nice if 4698 got a reprieve now because of this but it's unlikely.

MW

Quote from: filbus1 on December 21, 2017, 08:28:21 AM
It would be nice if 4698 got a reprieve now because of this but it's unlikely.

I suppose you could have an open topper bus in the training fleet. Not like anyone goes upstairs anyway... :D

Tony

YW needed to lose a bus anyway now all the Scanias have been for repaint, so nothing will be replacing it there

Jaysnerz007

Will this bus be scrapped ?

The Real 4778

Don't you start.

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 21, 2017, 07:37:27 AM
On the news says was out of service. Is this guy going to get the sack and face prosecution or is it classed as just an accident.
NX doesn't believe in accidents , training skool says the term accident points towards that no one is at fault, clearly here the driver is at fault in this collision with the bridge , they prefer the term RTC

winston

Quote from: Tony on December 21, 2017, 08:52:51 AM
YW needed to lose a bus anyway now all the Scanias have been for repaint, so nothing will be replacing it there

Looks like they'll be losing a driver as well....

Liberator9

Done the company a favour in that case if YW needed to lose a bus  ;)  Being serious, rather a bizarre incident considering the height of that bridge; MW's reasoning seems to best fit why it would have happened as well as possible fatigue. Main thing is though that no-one was injured.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk