News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

@ronnoc1k8

I have that feeling as well - the routes will need emissions compliant buses in the near future, and the 3 could certainly make do with single deckers. Would free up Tridents to replace the last of the Presidents at YW as well.

Stu

The 2 and 3 were previously run with single-decks (B10Ls) but were upgraded to doubles following passenger complaints about excessive overcrowding.

Unless passenger numbers have dropped considerably, I can't see them both being downgraded back to singles again, certainly in the evenings the double decks are passing through Sparkbrook from city with full loads when I see them.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

Quote from: Stu on August 16, 2015, 11:24:32 AM
The 2 and 3 were previously run with single-decks (B10Ls) but were upgraded to doubles following passenger complaints about excessive overcrowding.

Unless passenger numbers have dropped considerably, I can't see them both being downgraded back to singles again, certainly in the evenings the double decks are passing through Sparkbrook from city with full loads when I see them.

Haven't frequencies been cut since then as well though? Seem to remember every 15 on each of them
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Liberator9

Yeah they were cut - each of them used to be every 15 mins - still got the timetable from 2010. Afraid whenever I see them during the day they could cope with singles, would just need a decker on a peak board for the peaks.

Tony

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 16, 2015, 11:44:40 AM
Yeah they were cut - each of them used to be every 15 mins - still got the timetable from 2010. Afraid whenever I see them during the day they could cope with singles, would just need a decker on a peak board for the peaks.

So they need double decks then! Unfortunately nobody has invented a top deck that can just appear at certain times and if you swap singles for doubles in the peak where do the singles go?

Liberator9

Fair enough - I meant more the fact just have an extra running board or two in the morning/evening on the 2 and 3 - just to provide a higher peak frequency. However I do see the issue that would require extra buses, and extra drivers...plus I'm merely working from observations as opposed to actual statistics. Probably nothing wrong with the Tridents on there for the time being, until the emissions rules tighten up.   

37351ml

I was in Druids Heath earlier and noticed the 49 is every 15 minutes throughout the night. When did this happen and why the sudden increase in frequency?

Quote from: 37351ml on August 19, 2015, 11:30:15 PM
I was in Druids Heath earlier and noticed the 49 is every 15 minutes throughout the night. When did this happen and why the sudden increase in frequency?
Someone has made a error when printing the timetables so, the answer to that is never
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

According to the 49 timeable its every 30 mins one is the full route and the other is an E working on an evening
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

trident4370

Noticed today 6148 has gone from Bethia Kate to just Kate.

Liverpool Street

4218 - 49

If anyone is interested for old times sake,
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liberator9

Pretty rare one - keep forgetting that one is at BC when the ones around it are all at CV!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 30, 2015, 07:09:13 PM
Pretty rare one - keep forgetting that one is at BC when the ones around it are all at CV!

It's at YW now.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liberator9

@Liverpool Street

Thanks - will have to keep a look out for it now.

Tony

Watch out for something different on the 6 tomorrow

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk