News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Bottom line is what I find noteworthy, will differ from you guys in some ways. The concept of noteworthy is unusual, but it's unusual for you, the enthusiast/spotter.

MMC on the 35 for example. If I saw one in real life, I would probably give it a second look, because I (yes me) find it interesting. Eclipse2 on the 37, another one that I would find noteworthy, whereas others might not. I've never read the spreadsheet so I don't know what the allocations on the 37 are, but every few days there probably is an Eclipse2 on the 37 (less often now with the new buses).

I'm not sure if my point is coming across, but if we all had notebooks, we'd have different things we'd find noteworthy. If I went to Wolverhampton and saw a hybrid on the 59 (I always see this get mentioned on here for some reason) I'd probably find it noteworthy in my own personal notebook, simply because I've a) not seen it before in real life and b) under the impression the Hybrids were for the 1 (before anyone gets political, I'm sure it's probably because there's spares at certain times or whatever it is) but to reiterate it's still noteworthy to me.

The Omnicitys at PB. Any route they are on, personally I'd find it noteworthy and interesting because they are a small batch and I don't see them often (as I'm from a different part of the city).

We've all got different perceptions of what we find interesting, and in this hypothetical scenario, we've all got separate notes.

I understand you also get some retarded comments in the section I.e a Trident on the 126, and I understand that you've got to draw the line somewhere, and having a noteworthy section probably is pointless in the grand scheme of things if you take my open view, but I think people need to tone down a little.

You always get that know-it-all guy who'll probably attack you and "between the lines" say Go f*** yourself, you haven't got a clue on what's noteworthy.

I dunno that's my thoughts, make what you will about them people, though I expect this comment will be removed.

Trident 4609

It did say somewhere on the NX website that the MMC's would also cover the 35.

@MW i can see where you are coming from with noteworthy workings. There are some workings that may be noteworthy to some but not others (Such as B7RLE's on the 205 or Tridents on the 9). Hybrids are on the 59 every day (Despite a lack of them for a number of weeks up until a few weeks back). Works like the 24 does at BC, Spare hybrids are used on there. Irrelevent info but on Sunday's they are the booked type on the 59. If anyone is unsure of this then it does state on the spreadsheet! I think it needs a complete overhaul tbh. The info on there is getting too complicated IMO.

Anyway......

I've noticed several MMC's are missing parts of their rear branding. Will this be replaced anytime soon as it looks out of place

Quote from: Nathan on July 31, 2015, 11:50:15 PM
It did say somewhere on the NX website that the MMC's would also cover the 35.

@MW i can see where you are coming from with noteworthy workings. There are some workings that may be noteworthy to some but not others (Such as B7RLE's on the 205 or Tridents on the 9). Hybrids are on the 59 every day (Despite a lack of them for a number of weeks up until a few weeks back). Works like the 24 does at BC, Spare hybrids are used on there. Irrelevent info but on Sunday's they are the booked type on the 59. If anyone is unsure of this then it does state on the spreadsheet! I think it needs a complete overhaul tbh. The info on there is getting too complicated IMO.It says here spare MMC's would cover the 35
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/new-buses-on-the-50/

Anyway......

I've noticed several MMC's are missing parts of their rear branding. Will this be replaced anytime soon as it looks out of place
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Liberator9

Yeah I've noticed some that some are missing rear branding - this is an argument why they'd be better off just leaving most of the buses in plain really.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 01, 2015, 06:33:16 AM
Yeah I've noticed some that some are missing rear branding - this is an argument why they'd be better off just leaving most of the buses in plain really.
6126 is missing half of its branding from the back, at least the people from the top deck can see behind now. 6123 is missing the branding on its top deck front window, from a far distance you will probably mistake it as 6147/8.

Tony

With 4698; 4107; 4732; 6125 & 8 tridents the 18 has a nice variety today!

@nxwmbusfan1999 a Enviro 400 MMC on the 35 is not unusual. Spare MMC are used on the 35
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

GeminiFan1991

@Demonstrator4698 The 35 route doesn't require upgrading as it gets the brand new Enviro 400 MMC on the occasion journey with fairly good nick Enviro 400s normally allocated to it. As to whether NX plan on upgrading the route, who knows, sounds unlikely but you never know
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

trident4370

Quote from: Demonstrator4698 on August 15, 2015, 10:40:52 PM
Will the 35 bus route be receiving any upgrades to the current buses or will new buses be ordered to put on. Its about time the 35 received a bus upgrade.
We were only upgraded a year ago... I'd say the 2, 3, 31, 61/63, 65, 67, 126 etc. were all due first!

Liberator9

@Demonstrator4698

It had an upgrade last year - Went from a bunch of mainly unrefurbed Tridents to freshly refurbished Enviro 400s from PB. Then spare MMCs are also used on it. That will do it well for the years to come. More a case of dealing with the issue that the 2/3 in a year or two will need Euro 4 (or 5?) buses on it, as the City Centre emissions rules tighten up - assume some E400s would come in again from another and replace the Presidents.

@Demonstrator4698 no it is not got upgraded with 2007 Enviro 400 in late 2013 have you seen the age of he veichles used on the 65, 67, 94, 126, Bristol Road.
And 24hr 97 using 12 year old next year 13 years old tridents!
This years new buses were ordered for the
9, 50, 71, 72, 243, 244, WN E200 routes , CV 2 and 3 Infact spare MMC from the 50 are used on the 35
Only buses being released this year now are
E400 MK1 to CV and 5 to a still unknown destination
E400 MK2 61 plates from WA to PB 13 plates WA to BC
And single decks from AG  witch are not any good for the 35
Plus Geminis from WA to?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Liberator9

Really is going to be transfer mayhem! My guessing is:

I assume the 13 plates from WA to BC will ensure the 45/47 is totally E400
The 61 plates may perhaps kill off the ALX400s at PB
The upper number AG Scanias seem to be going to WB - whether some will go to WA? Other garage is YW - perhaps upgrade the 2/3?
The AG B7s go to WN to replace the last B6s.
Geminis from WA go to AG/Dundee.
Could see 1905-1907 leave PB for WA or YW?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 15, 2015, 11:17:05 PM
Really is going to be transfer mayhem! My guessing is:

I assume the 13 plates from WA to BC will ensure the 45/47 is totally E400
The 61 plates may perhaps kill off the ALX400s at PB
The upper number AG Scanias seem to be going to WB - whether some will go to WA? Other garage is YW - perhaps upgrade the 2/3?
The AG B7s go to WN to replace the last B6s.
Geminis from WA go to AG/Dundee.
Could see 1905-1907 leave PB for WA or YW?

PN got some mercs need replacing so i assume the b7lres will be divided equally between the two garages.

I think the no 35 e400s will probably go crimson next so the 47** series e400 will be all crimson/Coventry's Sky Blue
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Liberator9

AG won't have enough B7s to replace both Mercs at PE and B6s at WN - assume some Tridents being freed up at BC in the 44XX range may kill off the Mercs eventually.

Very much doubt the 35 E400s will get Crimson next - they were only refurbed last year. YW's next refurb lot will likely be the Scanias which need a retrim inside really now.

Ronnoc

This is just an assumption but I think the 2/3 will get Scania's as they're becoming a weekly sighting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk