News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

@Liverpool Street One was reported as being on the 18 the other day

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=1567.msg143957#msg143957

#Reply 2178

Liberator9

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 18, 2015, 03:37:11 PM
No problem @Tony all I'm told by a younger relative was "a posh bus which was all red went past" and the only route which serves this area was either a school bus or the 49.

Decent picture for the first off route mmc? Or has they been around other routes already?

@Liverpool Street

I have an idea - that MMC may have been on a board which first of all does the 7:20am 76E from Solihull to Kings Heath. Then I think it goes onto the school service 863, which overlaps parts of the 49 route. At least it used to do that - it changed slightly this year - last year it used to do a trip or two on the 2/3 after its 863 run - thus had Tridents allocated usually. But this year has always been E400, so assume it ends up going onto the 50.  If there is a morning 878 journey then it may well do that, as it heads off in that direction. That board has an Enviro 400 allocated all this year, usually the 2007 ex 50 E400s; e.g last week it was 4739 and 4740 bar Friday. Of course with them having left, bar the few occasions where 4730, 4729 step in, it is likely that board from now on will be an MMC now that YW has enough MMCs to cover all the 50 boards. That would be a good shout as to why - will be able to check myself on Thursday as I usually get that 76E.

GeminiFan1991

Seeing an MMC on the 6 just seems awfully wrong ! I can't imagine such a good looking bus going through Sparkbrook/Hill. It'll be a magnet for hooliganism
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

Quote from: BusFan on May 18, 2015, 08:13:40 PM
Seeing an MMC on the 6 just seems awfully wrong ! I can't imagine such a good looking bus going through Sparkbrook/Hill. It'll be a magnet for hooliganism

Have you not seen where the 50 goes? Highgate, Maypole & Druids Heath.

That's equally a s***hole. In fact worse!

Ronnoc

Quote from: BusFan on May 18, 2015, 08:13:40 PM
If it stays on there for more then a week, I wouldn't be able to imagine the litter on it.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: MW on May 18, 2015, 08:15:38 PM
Have you not seen where the 50 goes? Highgate, Maypole & Druids Heath.

That's equally a s***hole. In fact worse!

I've never been so I can't so anything for that but the 6 on that route is just wrong.

I hope for the best when I'm on a bus that goes through there

MW

Quote from: BusFan on May 18, 2015, 08:18:27 PM

I hope for the best when I'm on a bus that goes through there

Maybe I'm being ignorant, but would you care to explain why?

And also if you could tell me your local main routes, just so I can understand the contrast?

Tony

Quote from: BusFan on Today at 08:13:40 PM

ronnoc1k8 link=topic=1790.msg144484#msg144484 date=1431976579
If it stays on there for more then a week, I wouldn't be able to imagine the litter on it.

Two fairly silly comments

The morons who vandalise buses won't go chasing a new bus just to vandalise it (by the way the new single decks will be going through Sparkbrook!)

And as for litter NXWM do employ cleaners!

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: MW on May 18, 2015, 08:21:58 PM
Maybe I'm being ignorant, but would you care to explain why?

And also if you could tell me your local main routes, just so I can understand the contrast?

Many a time I've been on a bus that goes through there and I've seen things thrown at the bus, teens coming onto the bus making noise, kids misbehaving. Maybe it's just my bad luck.

I live in Stechford so it just occurred to me to take the 11C down and the 6 from there which is a good journey. I'm a frequent user of the 97 (Since I was a kid and I've just finished my final year of uni) and I'd say 9 out of 10, it's a good journey but it isn't without it's troubles.

Personal Experiences of course.

Stu

Quote from: BusFan on May 18, 2015, 08:31:20 PM
Many a time I've been on a bus that goes through there and I've seen things thrown at the bus, teens coming onto the bus making noise, kids misbehaving. Maybe it's just my bad luck.

That kind of thing happens everywhere, not just in Sparkbrook.

Sparkbrook, like the Soho Road, is one of these 'pre-defined misconceptions'. It might not be a particularly nice area, but I work there, I don't encounter any trouble while walking around (and I probably stand out like a sore thumb when surrounded by Somalis lol), and its not as bad as many people might like you to believe. If you're simply on a bus passing through, you'll rarely encounter any trouble. But you'll get 'undesirables' on most bus routes everywhere, as Tony alluded to in another comment here, the problem is the way some people are brought up.

Believe me, from my own personal experiences, I've encountered worse anti-social behaviour on buses in Solihull, a supposedly 'nice area'. There are bad people everywhere, not just in the 'rough areas'.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ronnoc

Quote from: Stu on May 18, 2015, 08:39:52 PM
That kind of thing happens everywhere, not just in Sparkbrook.

Sparkbrook, like the Soho Road, is one of these 'pre-defined misconceptions'. It might not be a particularly nice area, but I work there, I don't encounter any trouble while walking around (and I probably stand out like a sore thumb when surrounded by Somalis lol), and its not as bad as many people might like you to believe. If you're simply on a bus passing through, you'll rarely encounter any trouble. But you'll get 'undesirables' on most bus routes everywhere, as Tony alluded to in another comment here, the problem is the way some people are brought up.

Believe me, from my own personal experiences, I've encountered worse anti-social behaviour on buses in Solihull, a supposedly 'nice area'. There are bad people everywhere, not just in the 'rough areas'.
Happens with my school, my school has a lot of children which just rush in without paying and hide behind the students whilst at it, most drivers don't really care. There is this certain driver which would switch the bus off and call the police/inspectors, whenever they notice the driver on the shift they would get a football and smash it against the bus and start banging on the bus door, there has been water balloon fights, newspaper fights, near fights with the public and vandalism with my school.

Liberator9

Agree with Stu and Tony on this - sorry Busfan but that is just ridiculous - how can the MMC on the 6 look wrong - I use the 6 most days of the week and rarely encounter any issues - only issues I've had are at Robin Hood Island and at Cranmore rather than Sparkbrook! Why should the majority of people who are law abiding citizens lose out due to a handful of mindless vandals?

The Scanias on the 6 are in pretty good condition and usually pretty clean anyway. As Stu says there can undesirables on any route - had some issues on the S2/S3 round by me before including the emergency exit begin opened and lager cans being thrown out of the window.

GeminiFan1991

I take on board what everyone is saying, it's just I remember this 1 time, I was on a Omnilink in Sparkbrook and these teens came in and noise just ensued. I kept that in my head and the more I think, my last couple of journeys down there have been some what pleasant.

MW

Quote from: Stu on May 18, 2015, 08:39:52 PM
the problem is the way some people are brought up.

This applies to the minority who do mess about and cause trouble on buses, but also certain individuals on this very forum in their views, on routes like the Stratford/Coventry/Alum Rock/Washwood Heath corridors.

I don't want to label the issue here, but my personal opinion is some people need to broaden their horizons, not just in the bus world, but, it seems, the real world. I'm not picking on BusFan here, I'm just making an example, because you can detect similar views on other people's comments too. I believe @Gareth (I think) briefly tackled this issue, maybe a couple of years ago when he said the 8A/8C and 14 are perfectly fine routes.

I am expecting some backlash to this controversial topic, so just to reiterate, this is my personal opinion on the matter based on what I've seen.

Mike K

Quote from: BusFan on May 18, 2015, 09:49:17 PM
I take on board what everyone is saying, it's just I remember this 1 time, I was on a Omnilink in Sparkbrook and these teens came in and noise just ensued. I kept that in my head and the more I think, my last couple of journeys down there have been some what pleasant.

It's been a long time since I took a bus through Sparkhill, so I'm not qualified to comment, but I was under the (possibly incorrect?) impression that the 6 and 37 were converted to single deck operation due to antisocial behaviour along that section of the route.

Or was that not the reason? Single deckers seem a strange choice for such busy corridors.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk