News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob H

1931 passed through Sheldon (with engineer) around 11:45/11:50 heading towards Coventry (for MOT I think) with 27 Hawkesley showing on destination display.
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Tony

6140 & 6141 now at Yardley Wood, and branded, may be out tomorrow.
6142 & 6143 also on way down

Matt.N0056

Anybody know what the route is for the 49 to Solihull from Land Rover? I assumed it was straight up Lode Lane, Staion Rd and loop the town centre, but I just saw one going down Hampton lane?

Trident 4609

Didn't take the scumbags on the 50 long to etch the hell out of the windows on the MMC's! 6128 and 6135 both have substantial amount of etching on the upper deck towards the rear.

In other News, 6142 and 6143 both in traffic today

filbus1

Quote from: Nathan on May 02, 2015, 12:46:21 PM
Didn't take the scumbags on the 50 long to etch the hell out of the windows on the MMC's! 6128 and 6135 both have substantial amount of etching on the upper deck towards the rear.

In other News, 6142 and 6143 both in traffic today

Seen none on any of Pensnetts, not saying it hasn't happened but they still look good.

Liberator9

Wouldn't surprise me on the 50 - tend to be a mess by the afternoon with litter on the floors. The 9 probably has better clientele.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 02, 2015, 07:03:06 PM
Wouldn't surprise me on the 50 - tend to be a mess by the afternoon with litter on the floors. The 9 probably has better clientele.

The 9 isn't as bad as the 50. Tbf I feel equally as safe on both. But the 9 still gets it's share of s""mbags

Solo1

Window etchings, with mmc,s being fitted with quick release windows they should,nt stay etched for long, ADL say 3 minutes to change a window pane, while etched pane is out it could easily be repaired for use again. Different story if front one is etched.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: 2900 on May 03, 2015, 10:11:40 AM
Window etchings, with mmc,s being fitted with quick release windows they should,nt stay etched for long, ADL say 3 minutes to change a window pane, while etched pane is out it could easily be repaired for use again. Different story if front one is etched.

how would it be repaired?

Ronnoc

Quote from: BU07 LGO on May 03, 2015, 10:43:45 AM
They would take out the inside bonding, unscrew the screws that hold the window and then take the windows out and replace it.

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on May 03, 2015, 10:43:45 AM

All nx bus windows, and most other companies, have a thin layer of plastic coating on them which is what gets etched, not the glass, you just heat it up removed the damaged plastic and replace it, every bus repainted at Walsall has every window done

Window etching does seem to be on the rise again at west brom, some of the dark tinted presidents looking a real mess upstairs now.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Matt on May 03, 2015, 10:45:39 AM
Repaired not replaced
I thought they would replace it.

Liberator9

Yardley Wood tend to get rid of any etching pretty quick - soon as they get a chance sure they'll replace the plastic covering. The covering is pretty effective; 1912 was etched on one window a few months ago - was only left on it for about two weeks and not a mark left on the actual window.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk