News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: BusFan on March 21, 2015, 09:20:15 PM
With an on coming order of the new Enviro 400 MMCs, what will happen to some of Yardley Wood's current allocation of buses ?! They have a sizable amount of Enviro 400's or will the Plaxton's make their way to Acocks Green ?!

Enviros to WB!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Quote from: BusFan on March 21, 2015, 09:20:15 PM
With an on coming order of the new Enviro 400 MMCs, what will happen to some of Yardley Wood's current allocation of buses ?! They have a sizable amount of Enviro 400's or will the Plaxton's make their way to Acocks Green ?!

The current batch of E400's at YW will be transferred over WB for the 82/7 (Dudley Rd corridor). They may be only slightly younger than the Gemini's on there but will allow that corridor to have a specific batch covering the PVR (The Branded Gemini's do not cover the PVR)

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Nathan on March 21, 2015, 09:23:32 PM
The current batch of E400's at YW will be transferred over WB for the 82/7 (Dudley Rd corridor). They may be only slightly younger than the Gemini's on there but will allow that corridor to have a specific batch covering the PVR (The Branded Gemini's do not cover the PVR)

Thanks Winston

WB may be approaching bursting point then ! I take it the new 400 MMCs are for the 50
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

winston

Quote from: BusFan on March 21, 2015, 09:32:04 PM
Thanks Winston

WB may be approaching bursting point then ! I take it the new 400 MMCs are for the 50

The WB allocation wont be any bigger than it is now, as it be 26 ish ex YW E400's in & 26 WB buses out (type not yet confirmed)

Yes, it has been confirmed the 50 is being upgraded with E400MMC's

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Winston on March 21, 2015, 09:35:32 PM
The WB allocation wont be any bigger than it is now, as it be 26 ish ex YW E400's in & 26 WB buses out (type not yet confirmed)

Yes, it has been confirmed the 50 is being upgraded with E400MMC's

Thanks, I personally find the 50 route to have to high a PVR.

Is Yardley Wood the only garage without an outside parking area for buses ?!

Ashley 60171

Quote from: BusFan on March 21, 2015, 09:39:49 PM

The PVR for the 50 is high because the patronage is high, surely living in birmingham you'd know that

winston

Quote from: BusFan on March 21, 2015, 09:39:49 PM

I believe all of YW's fleet is all parked undercover, all other garages park some/all outside 

Ronnoc

Quote from: Winston on March 21, 2015, 09:45:08 PM
I believe all of YW's fleet is all parked undercover, all other garages park some/all outside
Some are parked right by the gate. There is a bit right next to the canal where there are buses parked there, that is outisde.

Ashley 60171

I think there is a small outdoor patch. On one of the old fotopic sites there were pictures of YW Metrobuses parked outside.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on March 21, 2015, 09:42:09 PM
The PVR for the 50 is high because the patronage is high, surely living in birmingham you'd know that

As of now, it eludes me which is frankly shameful from my part as i'm a final year uni student although overall I just really got into buses a while back,

even then I'm sure other routes could do with the extra buses, I used to work in Kings Heath and a common sight was an Enviro 400 with only a few people on it.

I had no idea about the outside parking, I was just basing it all of an Ariel view of the garage

winston

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on March 21, 2015, 09:47:22 PM
Some are parked right by the gate. There is a bit right next to the canal where there are buses parked there, that is outisde.

Do you mean the driveway that runs up the back on the garage i.e. the end where the engineering bays are? Never been passed late at night or on a Sunday.

Stuharris 6360

YW to me is a good old fashioned bus garage, managed to go in there briefly once when the B10L i was riding on the 27 needed to be changed, so we were taken in the front of the garage to change to an Omnilink. Then on our way, well for 1/2 mile when we broke down. YW sent us a B10L as replacement, the exact same one we had got off!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ronnoc

Quote from: Winston on March 21, 2015, 09:51:49 PM
Do you mean the driveway that runs up the back on the garage i.e. the end where the engineering bays are? Never been passed late at night or on a Sunday.
Yep. I remember nearly going to that bit without asking or anything.

spudnick

Most are in the garage but there are a number (around 10) parked in the 'canal' car park usually Tridents the entrance is the driveway between the garage and the canal, there are also a smaller number of Scanias parked in the other car park at the top end of the garage, the height of the entrance from the garage to the car park prohibits anything but single deckers being parked in here.

dw1308

One of the new enviros branded for the 9 was in the depot this morning....SN15 LFL I believe @ 7:46......presumably type training ready for their new ones that are on order

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk