News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnoc

Anything from the garage really. I've seen every bus at YW on the route. I usually see ALX400's though.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 23, 2015, 07:14:50 PM
What buses are usually allocated to the 18? As it says in spreadsheet anything spare?

It can be anything @Trident 4194, normally ALX400s or Enviros, but have seen Omnilinks and a B10L on there in the past.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liberator9

Yeah - usually Tridents, with the occasional Enviro 400 or Plaxton President on there.

Tony

Well done Yardley Wood this morning who, apart from the three in repaint, sent every single Trident allocated there out in service.

To have a batch of 44 12/13 year old buses and be able to get all 44 buses in service for the morning peak with no breakdowns is quite an achievement!

Liberator9

@Tony

I don't whether I am seeing things but when I went past 1924 (I think) on the 27 today there was a name badge fitted to the offside. Can you confirm this Tony or am I seeing things!  ;) ?

Tony

Quote from: Liberator9 on March 04, 2015, 06:17:22 PM
@Tony

I don't whether I am seeing things but when I went past 1924 (I think) on the 27 today there was a name badge fitted to the offside. Can you confirm this Tony or am I seeing things!  ;) ?

You will be correct, I was told one was being done, but didn't have a number or date

karl724223

Quote from: Tony on March 04, 2015, 06:23:00 PM
@Tony

You will be correct, I was told one was being done, but didn't have a number or date
@Tony any word on a bus named after Ron Morgan ?

Tony

Quote from: karl724223 on March 04, 2015, 06:24:36 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 04, 2015, 06:23:00 PM
@Tony

@Tony any word on a bus named after Ron Morgan ?

I believe is is going to be one used on the Pershore Road when all the new deliveries/shuffles have been done

Liberator9

@Tony

Thanks Tony - I shall keep an eye out tomorrow and Friday and see if I can see the name.

Kevin

As an aside...  Did randomly see a Zara bus going through Nechells on me way to work the other apparently dedicated to Ron Morgan
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

Quote from: Liberator9 on March 04, 2015, 06:48:20 PM
@Tony

Thanks Tony - I shall keep an eye out tomorrow and Friday and see if I can see the name.

1924 is named 'David Williams' (I had a feeling it would be), the driver that sadly died in the accident on the Stratford Road. Just missed out of a pic of it this afternoon

Liberator9

@John

Thanks John - haven't seen 1924 since passing it quickly the other day. Really was sad to hear when that accident happened.

dw1308

Does anybody remember when all the old metros were all withdrawn from YW?

Liberator9

Yeah I can - used to enjoy a ride on a few of their Metrobuses down the Stratford Road, before the incoming Scanias in 2010 meant the last few could be withdrawn.

GeminiFan1991

With an on coming order of the new Enviro 400 MMCs, what will happen to some of Yardley Wood's current allocation of buses ?! They have a sizable amount of Enviro 400's or will the Plaxton's make their way to Acocks Green ?!

@BusFan  WB will be gaining the 57 Plate E400's currently on the 50 for Dudley Road services, think it's in the WB garage thread, Winston
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk