News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnoc

Never got the number but I saw a 50 branded Enviro 400 turning on to Showell Green lane from Court Road, it was not in service. By the way the Alexander B10Ls suddenly appeared in like early 2012.

Tony

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on September 25, 2014, 06:50:58 PM
Never got the number but I saw a 50 branded Enviro 400 turning on to Showell Green lane from Court Road, it was not in service. By the way the Alexander B10Ls suddenly appeared in like early 2012.

It was July 2010

Second photo down was taken in 2010 if you need proof
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/1317-1514/1503.html

Liberator9

Yeah you are right - capacity with single deckers at the 20 minute interval would be poor compared the double deckers. Even now the double deckers can be put up right up to standing only in the morning and evening peaks when the schools start and finish. The only way single decks could be used now on the 76 would be to up the frequency to every 10 minutes. Ideally they need to run a 76E from Kings Heath Park towards Solihull to cater for the KE students in the afternoon as the 3:55pm is full and has to drive past a stop or two just after King's Heath. It also has standing on the upper deck near the front. They put an extra in at 15:40pm but that hardly helps sometimes.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on September 25, 2014, 06:55:34 PM

It was July 2010

Seems like they were operating other routes, but in the start of 2012 these were starting to take over the 3 until February.

Tony

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on September 25, 2014, 07:35:22 PM
Quote from: Tony on September 25, 2014, 06:55:34 PM

It was July 2010

Seems like they were operating other routes, but in the start of 2012 these were starting to take over the 3 until February.

Both of those photos were taken on the 3, both before February 2012!
Here is 1510 on the 3 in September 2010
Here is 1504 on the 2 (which interworked with the 3 then) in October 2010
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/1317-1514/1504.html
Here is 1507 on the 2 in July 2010
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/1317-1514/1507.html

Ashley

The Ultras were departing by 2012. After october 2011 reverting the 2 and 3 back to deckers , that marked the end of them or the start of. I can only vouch for them until early 2012 anyway but the vehicle histories on the main site photos will tell you their story

trident4370

Quote from: Liberator9 on September 25, 2014, 07:34:30 PM
Yeah you are right - capacity with single deckers at the 20 minute interval would be poor compared the double deckers. Even now the double deckers can be put up right up to standing only in the morning and evening peaks when the schools start and finish. The only way single decks could be used now on the 76 would be to up the frequency to every 10 minutes. Ideally they need to run a 76E from Kings Heath Park towards Solihull to cater for the KE students in the afternoon as the 3:55pm is full and has to drive past a stop or two just after King's Heath. It also has standing on the upper deck near the front. They put an extra in at 15:40pm but that hardly helps sometimes.
I agree completely,  just a couple of weeks ago I had the mispleasure of a 76 home from solihull at around 3:45 ish, by the time it was at Shirley every seat was gone upstairs and down although a lot weren't college or school kids, just regular people. I dont often make that journey but if I had to do it everyday and it was always like that I think I'd find an alternative. The same could be said of the 49 now too some trips Ive had recently just during the daytime have been ridiculous. In a way I'm surprised GRS didnt have a crack at a 49E from maypole to solihull instead of a randomly timed Outer Circle, but that is conversation for another topic haha

Liberator9

It is certainly a time to avoid at around 3:45pm on the 76 - a real nightmare in both directions, It could do with either a higher frequency or some additional workings. I agree about the 49, it can be just as bad.

Ronnoc

Quote from: trident4370 on September 26, 2014, 01:22:28 AM
Quote from: Liberator9 on September 25, 2014, 07:34:30 PM
I agree completely,  just a couple of weeks ago I had the mispleasure of a 76 home from solihull at around 3:45 ish, by the time it was at Shirley every seat was gone upstairs and down although a lot weren't college or school kids, just regular people. I dont often make that journey but if I had to do it everyday and it was always like that I think I'd find an alternative. The same could be said of the 49 now too some trips Ive had recently just during the daytime have been ridiculous. In a way I'm surprised GRS didnt have a crack at a 49E from maypole to solihull instead of a randomly timed Outer Circle, but that is conversation for another topic haha
They do 2:55 76E services for Kings Heath Boys School. I've been on the 7:58 76 service from Trittiford road and it is packed, just like how the 27 is in the morning.

trident4370

the trouble is the odd extra trip here and there clearly isn't working, the route definitely needs some attention. Speaking of the 27 am I the only one who finds it bizarre that for a good two years now the 76 and 27 share the same times between Billesley and Kings Heath Park? Surely there'd be a way of combining to create a joint 10 minute from frequency.

Liberator9

I've noticed that as well trident4370 - it is a bit ridiculous as they both come at the same moment, offering essentially still a 20 minute service to Haunch Lane etc. The 76 needs either increasing to 10 minute frequency or more extra workings to cope with the schools - aka Bishops Challoner and KECH. w

Ronnoc

I used to have the problem of the 27 and 76 coming at the same time, the 3 drops me off at Trittiford road at around 7:45 and the 27 and 76 are already leaving the bus stop.

James4368

4338 passed Sheldon tescos 0835 with engineer driving it
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Ronnoc

There are now some more photos of 4341 at Miller Street and at PVS on flickr.

Ronnoc

I heard there was a little incident in Druids Heath involving a Plaxton President.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk