News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on September 22, 2014, 08:52:13 PM
Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on September 22, 2014, 08:06:10 PM
I don't really like the idea of Scanias on the 3 but ok! Also the Daimler was at Duxford today, had a good thrash, good braking but slow acceleration. The best thrash from a bus older than 20 years old. Even better then one of the Metrobuses I was on.

Which Daimler? 3472 do you mean
Are there more than 2? It was 2489.

busfan2847

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on September 23, 2014, 06:19:59 AM
I don't really like the idea of Scanias on the 3 but ok! Also the Daimler was at Duxford today, had a good thrash, good braking but slow acceleration. The best thrash from a bus older than 20 years old. Even better then one of the Metrobuses I was on.

2489 is a Crossley not a Daimler

John

4738 is having RTA repairs at Perry Barr, both sides lower panels replaced, so will more then likely go in for repaint after

Ashley

Quote from: John on September 23, 2014, 08:44:25 PM
4738 is having RTA repairs at Perry Barr, both sides lower panels replaced, so will more then likely go in for repaint after

About time they started on the *flagship 50* buses I think

Liberator9

Rather they got going on the Tridents that only had the repaints - the exteriors and interiors of some of them are really messy now. Apart from the faded pinkish red, the Enviro 400s are fine - interiors are in good condition, bar some graffiti.

trident4370

Personally I think once those enviros are finally refurbished, the calls to upgrade the 50 with brand new should die down a bit. As has been proved recently the BU07 Enviros look fantastic once repainted and the worn seat covers are replaced, it's just a shame that a refurb doesn't seem to stretch to some new flooring.

On an unrelated note, the white trainer merc was doing the rounds at YW today, the first time I have ever seen an 0405N at Yardley Wood! Got me thinking a bit how well they would suit the 27 :P
Annoyingly though, I couldn't photo it  >:(

Tony

Quote from: trident4370 on September 23, 2014, 10:20:13 PM
Personally I think once those enviros are finally refurbished, the calls to upgrade the 50 with brand new should die down a bit. As has been proved recently the BU07 Enviros look fantastic once repainted and the worn seat covers are replaced, it's just a shame that a refurb doesn't seem to stretch to some new flooring.

On an unrelated note, the white trainer merc was doing the rounds at YW today, the first time I have ever seen an 0405N at Yardley Wood!

Keep a look out for that Merc in the next month or so, you may notice something different about it!

trident4370

Quote from: Tony on September 23, 2014, 10:22:36 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on September 23, 2014, 10:20:13 PM

On an unrelated note, the white trainer merc was doing the rounds at YW today, the first time I have ever seen an 0405N at Yardley Wood!

Keep a look out for that Merc in the next month or so, you may notice something different about it!
Hmmm that sounds interesting Tony, I'll keep my eyes peeled but it seems to avoid me usually!

Ronnoc

Quote from: busfan2847 on September 23, 2014, 08:34:59 PM
Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on September 23, 2014, 06:19:59 AM

2489 is a Crossley not a Daimler
Thanks for the correction, just looked like one. It's maximum speed was 30mph.

Ronnoc

Who actually remembers when the B10Ls, Alexander bodies just suddenly operated the 3 for a short time.

Liberator9

I can remember - back in 2010/2011 wasn't it? Used to be quite weird seeing them in Solihull - sadly never got a ride on them.

trident4370

Oh I have Fond memories of 1509 with kickdown on the 3A being thrashed one day :P Sadly I lost all my photos just as they were being withdrawn and to this day I only have a single photo of one in service  >:( Granted it was the best one, 1511. I am glad they came to YW in the end, the 3/3A was the perfect route at the time for a B10L fan like me... You'd either have a Liberator B10L, voith or zf, or an Ultra and then of course on sundays you'd have a mixture of Tridents and Enviros. The weird thing about the Ultras arrival though was for the first couple of weeks of them being at YW they were glued to the 76, then suddenly they found their place on the 2/3/3A/27!

Liberator9

Shame about losing the photos - really annoying when that happens.
Ultras on the 76 and 27 - would have loved for that to happen now! Miss the 2010 scene with toothpaste Omnilinks at YW, single decks on the 76, Ultras.

trident4370

Haha it taught me a valuable lesson to this day everything has a backup :P I think the problem with the with B10L 76 (Liberators joined in too) was that the capacity was just not coping. I'm pretty sure there are some photos still out there somewhere.

James4368

4753 (50 route brand) passed Yardley swan 0820 with a YW engineer driving it
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk