News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

N.E.T.S (inc Clarkes, Kings Ferry, Lucketts Group & Stewarts Group coaches)

Started by winston, May 28, 2013, 11:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylanbusboy45

Do Kings Ferry still own YP52CUU a Scania N94/Castrosua? If so where can I find it?

Cheese

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on September 12, 2015, 06:57:51 PM
Do Kings Ferry still own YP52CUU a Scania N94/Castrosua? If so where can I find it?

Last time I saw that it was in Cambridge doing shuttles to the immigrant detention centre. I remember bashing that when Ludlows had it on loan, my mate got a pic of it at Merry Hill!

winston

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on September 12, 2015, 06:57:51 PM

As far as I know it is still owned, it was for sale & repainted allover white but I don't think it has found a buyer

winston

The Kings Ferry have taken delviery of two more new coaches for Eurolines work in the shape of VDL Synergy's E03 WJ65EKU & E04 WJ65EKV:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/42933189@N03/24391954632/

winston

Courtesy Of Yahoo UK Southwest Bus Group:

It appears that Kings Ferry have finally sold the following:

Today on Yeovil town services 10/12 is the unique Scania N94UB/Castrosua Carsa YP52 CUU.

Currently in all over white. This former Scania demonstrator was previously with Kings Ferry.

winston

Looks like these may mean the end of the North Bristol Commuter services:

PH1123082/1 - THE KINGS FERRY LTD, THE TRAVEL CENTRE, EASTCOURT LANE, GILLINGHAM, ME8 6HN
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Weston Super Mare, Locking Road and MOD Abbeywood Bristol given service number C1/C0/C2/C3 effective from 24-Apr-2016.

PH1123082/2 - THE KINGS FERRY LTD, THE TRAVEL CENTRE, EASTCOURT LANE, GILLINGHAM, ME8 6HN
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Portishead, West Hill The Triangle and MOD Abbeywood Bristol given service number C5/C6/C7 effective from 24-Apr-2016.

winston

winston

TKF have taken delivery of a further 3 x Van Hool VIP coaches:

WJ16OHV / OHW Van Hool TX21 Altano
https://www.flickr.com/photos/138063305@N03/28982316623/

WJ16OHU Van Hool TX17 Astron
https://www.flickr.com/photos/141863916@N07/28982623154/

10 more Mercedes Turisomos are on order for early 2017.

winston

VDL Synergy Double Deck coaches have been removed from Eurolines work and are now allover white with Kings Ferry fleet names, they have also been re-numbered to 710 WJ65EKU & 711 WJ65EKV.

Merc Tursiomo's 424 & 425 have been repainted white & gained Eurolines decals instead

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

That's a good purchase and compliments The Kings Ferry, Clarkes has a good name & reputation for quality.

Nice to see NX buy a UK based business.

markcf83

Interesting.....very interesting. What it does is that this brings in a base in Catford,which could help with vehicles that need servicing and so on.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

winston

Quote from: markcf83 on December 16, 2016, 04:37:57 PM
Interesting.....very interesting. What it does is that this brings in a base in Catford,which could help with vehicles that need servicing and so on.

Clarkes base on Google Earth seems quite similar to TKF's base at Gillingham, the Catford base appears to be a bit too far from Canary Wharf (for parking of TFK coaches during the daytime) & Central London etc. I suspect they will remain as seperate entities under NX and just work together.

winston

Has anyone come across a fleetlist for Clarkes of London anywhere?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk