News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

31/2/3

Started by Bob, May 19, 2013, 04:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Anyone else think this group of routes has a daft and complicated timetable? Why not just seperate them? The 33 is awalsall to cannock sservice why not renumber it the 3 in the style of the 1 & 2, and the 31 is a seperate cannock to rugeley route anyway...

ilovetea4370

If it aint broke why mess with it? I rather like the 33 as it is!

the trainbasher

I actually agree with bob

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Im not on about changing it. Well other than renumbering it, but the timetables listed together are really complicated and not very passenger friendly,  and they could market the walsall lines together.  Plus as I said for all intents and purposes the 31 is a completely seperate route anyway. No trips extend from cannock to walsall on it. I dont know about the 32, surely the odd extensions to rugeley could be renumbered as 31, also im not sure many people these days travel between cannock & brownhills only? For norton youve already got 2 33s and 2 60s pwr hour theyre pretty much well served surely...

Westy

Surprised the 33 Sunday Service isn't extended from Norton Canes to Brownhills, so passengers could change onto other services to Walsall & Birmingham.

Is there no way Centro & Staffs County Council could come to some arrangement over the Evening & Sunday 33's as a joint subsidy, running a through service from Walsall to Hednesford/Rugeley?

(When Arriva operated the Walsall to Brownhills section all day, there was an evening service Monday to Saturdays between Walsall & Rugeley, but now Diamond operate the Walsall section evening & Sundays, that is no longer possible. It is still possible by changing at Brownhills though)

arrivaaston

These routes have always pecked my head but Bob and Trainbasher agreeing on something? Never thought I'd live to see the day ;) :p

Bob

Are these routes being converted to larger capacity buses? They were always operated by MPD darts ( abd consequently dreadful) but today there were 2 slf darts and a b10ble on the 33, a sb200 and a b10ble on the 31 and the 32 had the y50 tgm dart and the ejz dart, both bigger buses and a couple of mpds.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk