News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva Sapphire

Started by Dylan4579, May 06, 2013, 12:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Can you get 44 seat streetlites? Or will it be a reduction in capacity.  I dont know why they cant get something decent like citaros ...

Cheese

Largest Streetlites are 45 seaters I think. Citaros seem to have very fussy interiors now, seating seems to vary, maybe 41 max. Those at Tamworth have seats all over the place and in all directions.

Bob

Ace buses though! Smooth under stressed engines that dont struggle whatever demand placed on em, they ##insert swear word## all over pulsars from an epic height!

justdave

Quote from: bob on February 19, 2014, 12:52:33 PM
Streetlites? For a sapphire route? Only in cannock lol

you mean s***t lites the commanders are better may as well put on crap mpd darts

Ashley

Bob, if you think Streetlites are good, go to Sheffield where theirs have a minimum life expectancy of another 18 months, they ratle like hell and have to move around all day on full rev's none stop. Fair play they'd be better on flat terrain but Pulsar's are just better even if they too would struggle in hilly areas I'd have one of those over a "lampost" or a versa any day

Bob

Yes thats right.  I was referring to citaro's. I personally think pulsars are crap. Underpowered and horrendously noisy compared to citaros and b7rles. The engine has to work so much harder I was on 3728 the other day they sruggle to pick up speed without the engine moaning/gearbox screaming when pulling away from stops let alone hills.  Vile things

Ashley

Ohh ok. I like Citaro's though as well.

covlad27

My mate has told me that cannock is definately having sapphire route and it will be services 1 and 2 to walsall.  Iys believed that the buses will be the 45 seat streetlite

PM

Really interesting observations Andy!

I'm glad to hear the Central Buses X55 is doing ok-again, a small, innovative quality operator stepping in to fill a genuine gap in the market.

I think not just Arriva but most companies have axed these express routes which as you say are more comfortable for passengers and encourage end-to-end traffic competing better with the train/car.

Bob

I agree with andy in the sense that a bus seated pulsar does not cut it for a 90 min journey.  Jesus even the ewu volvobuses would be mmore comfortable. ...

PM

Quote from: Bob on November 08, 2014, 09:02:44 PM
I agree with andy in the sense that a bus seated pulsar does not cut it for a 90 min journey.  Jesus even the ewu volvobuses would be mmore comfortable. ...

I travel on Pulsar2's a lot and they seem very comfortable. Personally I prefer the moquette on them to the leather on MAX/Sapphire.

Let's face it, none of these spec's compare to the comfort levels on proper, old dual purpose vehicles.

PM

Quote from: andy on November 08, 2014, 09:17:39 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 08, 2014, 09:06:32 PM
Quote from: Bob on November 08, 2014, 09:02:44 PM

I travel on Pulsar2's a lot and they seem very comfortable. Personally I prefer the moquette on them to the leather on MAX/Sapphire.

Let's face it, none of these spec's compare to the comfort levels on proper, old dual purpose vehicles.

Spot on. The high backed seats on the Sapphire vehicles don't touch a proper DP. The Stagecoach Gold seats are a bit closer to one but still not the real deal. Shame they can't make them like that anymore but I'm assuming it's down to DDA regs as much as anything.

I must be honest I'm disappointed with the dilution of Sapphire in particular.

One minute it was new/refurbed e400s as new with proper seats top deck now it's streetlites with pretty standard seating.

In the North East they're ordering new e400's to MAX spec and then refurbing e400's to Sapphire. Why not just put the new vehicles on Sapphire?

Having said that, it's led to some impressive growth in passenger numbers.

For comfier seats than on any Sapphire, try a DIAMONDvalue eclipse on the 301/2!

Bob

I make the sapphire streetlites 39 seaters  is that right?  Theyre reasonably comfortable but horrendous noise wise....and are starting to rattle. ..3301 is anyway. Speaking of what arriva have planned in next 6 months I wonder if they have any new cannock services planned?  I can see the 34 being axed.

stuartn

According to BLOTW the seating on the streetlites is B44F.

The ones in Leicester seem to be fine noise wise but they're not that comfortable.

Tony

Quote from: stuartn on November 09, 2014, 01:28:39 AM
According to BLOTW the seating on the streetlites is B44F.

The ones in Leicester seem to be fine noise wise but they're not that comfortable.

The Cannock ones are labelled as 31 seaters

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk