News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Diversion on the 28 due to RTC on Hawthorn Rd (outside Tesco). My bus (1840), plus 2 others stuck on Hawthorn for about 20 minutes (Dyas Rd bound) as Police shut the road off, and the diversion came over the radio just after I got stuck. An inspector came and reversed us into Stowell Rd to turn around. My last trip before going back to garage as well.

Diversion is down Warren Farm Rd (as the 33), down to Blackenberry Rd, to College Rd, and back to the Crossways

Gareth

Not sure about 26 diversions via Heartlands Parkway, but quite often on Saturday afternoons they would divert up Washwood Heath Road without any warning to passengers and it seemed to be only if a driver felt like it or not, as there was no consistency. Missing out Alum Rock Rd and Highfield Road was quite a substantial part of the route, and very heavily used.

:D

Quote from: Gareth on March 17, 2014, 07:32:51 PM
Not sure about 26 diversions via Heartlands Parkway, but quite often on Saturday afternoons they would divert up Washwood Heath Road without any warning to passengers and it seemed to be only if a driver felt like it or not, as there was no consistency. Missing out Alum Rock Rd and Highfield Road was quite a substantial part of the route, and very heavily used.
I remember this happening about once per every two or so month when I commuted using the 26. Bus drivers sometimes would even skip Alum Rock during the school rush hour, and this meant kids living in Alum Rock got to the school late. I don't think there was consistency.

Matt.N0056

900s haven't been following the advertised diversion in Sheldon last night, and the start of the diversion this evening. They have been running along Damson Parkway - I assume then to Solihull Bypass and along Lode Lane, Hobs Moat Rd. There is access for them to run via Goodway Rd, Valley Rd, Old Lode Lane. I just pointed this out to a driver, who was speaking over the radio about this at the time, who then followed the correct diversion and I assume a message will be put out for all drivers to follow this diversion thus missing as little route/as close to route as possible and also not loosing as much time!

John

Aston Lane, Winston closed because part of the roof on Tesco had come off again. I don't know where the 11s were diverted, but properly up the 7 to Six Ways and down Birchfield Rd like last time it happened

I had to take 1863 up to the Fox & Goose from garage as the bus I should have took over from Hawthorn had a defect. I had no idea of the closure so got stuck. Got turned around in Tesco car park exit with an Inspector. A message came over the radio 20 mins later saying it was closed

Lukeee

Quote from: John on March 20, 2014, 07:27:28 PM
Aston Lane, Winston closed because part of the roof on Tesco had come off again. I don't know where the 11s were diverted, but properly up the 7 to Six Ways and down Birchfield Rd like last time it happened

I had to take 1863 up to the Fox & Goose from garage as the bus I should have took over from Hawthorn had a defect. I had no idea of the closure so got stuck. Got turned around in Tesco car park exit with an Inspector. A message came over the radio 20 mins later saying it was closed

What time was this about, as I may have just missed it as I was at that Tesco about 11:00AM and it was ok then

John

Quote from: Lukeee on March 20, 2014, 10:54:44 PM
Quote from: John on March 20, 2014, 07:27:28 PM

What time was this about, as I may have just missed it as I was at that Tesco about 11:00AM and it was ok then

I attempted to use Aston Lane around 5pm, so maybe half an hour before that.

John

Sutton services (66, 902/4/5, 115) all diverted this afternoon due to RTC on Gravelly Hill.

First diversion was, as the 914 up Kingsbury Road to the 11, then turn left to Six Ways Erdington. Then the next diversion was not to use the Expressway, use Lichfield Road to Salford Circus, then Tyburn Road to Bromford Road, turn left and up to Erdington

Nathan4775

934/6 were diverted today, due to road works on Kettlehouse Road, majority of the buses I seen used the Kings Road towards the Pheasey and return journeys, noticed 2 that went up the 33 route (Kingstanding Road) then must have turned left at the top to rejoin original line of route from the top of Kettlehouse Road

997 also diverted due to roadworks, it went up the Aldridge Road left onto Greenholm Road then left onto the Kingstanding Road, then Left onto Dyas Road then normal line of troute, I imagine the same applies to the return trips
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

John

RTC by the Boars Head meant out of city 33s had to use Aldridge Road, like the 997, and turn right into Greenholm Road and back to Kingstanding Road. I guess 93*s had to do this as well. Nearly an hour that lasted.

P419 EJW

According to Birmingham Mail, there was a crash in Pershore Road, Selly Oak. (Should say Selly Park, just had a look on the bus map.) I assume this would affect the routes 45 and 47. I guess there would be a diversion.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/pershore-road-selly-oak-closed-7007966

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: :D on March 16, 2014, 07:57:59 PM
I discussed about the former bus route 26 (now 72) with a mate. We mentioned about remembering the 26 being diverted via Heartlands Parkway, effectively skipping half of the route, however we weren't too sure about that. Does anyone know if it has actually happened or not?

Yes, that happened when work was being carried out on Saltley viaduct. Was great fun a) for quicker journeys & b) for some decent Metrobus thrash.

John

A number 7 came onto the Birchfield Road, by Newtown Shopping Centre some time today (can't remember what time though!)

Also, Sutton Expressway services using Lichfield Road for a short time this afternoon due to RTA on the Expressway. This only lasted around 20 minutes though before normal line of route

Tony

Quote from: John on April 23, 2014, 05:57:47 PM
A number 7 came onto the Birchfield Road, by Newtown Shopping Centre some time today (can't remember what time though!)

Also, Sutton Expressway services using Lichfield Road for a short time this afternoon due to RTA on the Expressway. This only lasted around 20 minutes though before normal line of route

I still don't know how a vehicle came to be facing towards city in lane two of the outbound side with very little if any damage!

trident4370

Not exactly long but just seen 4375 on the 76 going by billesley fire station

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk