News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

first sells part of London

Started by the trainbasher, April 09, 2013, 10:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

http://hsprod.investis.com/servlet/HsPublic?context=ir.access&ir_option=RNS_NEWS&item=1504673072677125&ir_client_id=2899&transform=newsitem

Quote from: First Stock ReleaseUK Bus We are working through our comprehensive plan to recover performance and equip our UK Bus business to achieve sustainable revenue and patronage growth, and are seeing early positive signs in some of our markets. During the period we achieved steady growth with like-for-like passenger revenue expected to increase by 2.4%. As previously stated, we expect the full year operating margin to be approximately 8%. In line with our strategy to pursue selected business and asset disposals, today we are pleased to announce the sale of five of our London depots to Metroline, an existing London bus operator, and three of our London depots to Transit Systems Group, an Australian transport company, for a combined consideration of approximately GBP80m. Both disposals are subject to the necessary regulatory approvals including contractual obligations with Transport for London.[/url]

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: trainbasher on April 09, 2013, 10:20:55 AM
http://hsprod.investis.com/servlet/HsPublic?context=ir.access&ir_option=RNS_NEWS&item=1504673072677125&ir_client_id=2899&transform=newsitem

Quote from: First Stock ReleaseUK Bus We are working through our comprehensive plan to recover performance and equip our UK Bus business to achieve sustainable revenue and patronage growth, and are seeing early positive signs in some of our markets. During the period we achieved steady growth with like-for-like passenger revenue expected to increase by 2.4%. As previously stated, we expect the full year operating margin to be approximately 8%. In line with our strategy to pursue selected business and asset disposals, today we are pleased to announce the sale of five of our London depots to Metroline, an existing London bus operator, and three of our London depots to Transit Systems Group, an Australian transport company, for a combined consideration of approximately GBP80m. Both disposals are subject to the necessary regulatory approvals including contractual obligations with Transport for London.

First has sold all its London bus operation, the tiny bit unaccounted for is Dagenham depot, that currently has a Pvr of 84 buses, but this will be reduced by half once Stagecoach London take up their new Tfl tender wins later in the year

http://www.firstgroup.com/corporate/latest_news/?id=009241

Gareth

Just saw this story on Route Ones Facebook page. I wonder how long the Australians will last, or if they will sell on to someone else.

winston

Quote from: Gareth on April 09, 2013, 10:36:17 AM
Just saw this story on Route Ones Facebook page. I wonder how long the Australians will last, or if they will sell on to someone else.

I was expecting the other 3 depots to be sold to RAPT or Abellio rather than someone completely new. Is Transit the outfit that bought Diamond's MAN/MCV's?

the trainbasher

I'm surprised NX haven't gone back into the London game yet

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: trainbasher on April 09, 2013, 10:57:04 AM
I'm surprised NX haven't gone back into the London game yet

I'm surprised NX didn't end up buying the entire First London business, part of the reason they left last time was because Travel London didn't have scale & would taken too much money to grow it. First London had 11.57% share of the bus London market & a fleet of around 900 buses

Dylan4579

Quote from: Winston on April 09, 2013, 10:38:32 AM

I was expecting the other 3 depots to be sold to RAPT or Abellio rather than someone completely new. Is Transit the outfit that bought Diamond's MAN/MCV's?
Yes it is but they are based in New Zeland

busfan2847

Quote from: Winston on April 09, 2013, 10:38:32 AM

Different Transit in New Zealand. Transit Systems (Australia) is an umbrella organisation, which was formed to oversee the operations of Swan Transit (Perth), Torrens Transit (Adelaide), Bay Islands Transit (Brisbane), Gladstone Ferries (Gladstone) and the combined Stradbroke Ferries and Big Red Cat (Brisbane). The London operation will be their first international fleet ( http://www.transitsystems.com.au/articles/315-australian-public-transport-innovator-acquires-first-international-fleet ). They also have been awarded Contract 3 in Sydney for 200 buses which will transition to Transit from October 2013.

tank90

Typical First spent loads of money in London and now have sold most of it off what was the point in that?
They should have leased the buses instead of buing them which would have ment some areas would have had new buses earlier.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Dylan4579

John

Quote from: dgss1 on April 09, 2013, 05:41:04 PM
Hydrogen buses?