News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VOSA in wolverhampton bus station

Started by mranon, February 15, 2013, 01:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mranon

i see vosa were in the bus station wed 13th feb, but seemed to do more walking around than checking buses. I saw a banga bus in the bus station that day too which was rare. do they check random vehicles, or do they target specific ones? i ask as i saw their equipment i.e crawl;ing board etc, but didnt actually see them checking a bus

fleetline6477

I wonder if Travel Express were a focus for their attention.

Discodave

VOSA usually go on intelligence and the information on operators like MOT failure rates, compliance with law (times or tachos if LGV) and any issues they pick up on visits.  That is why I have to make sure all the lads do there checks right including myself on the lorries and trailers espically also being hazardous goods carriers.  They have to make it random or an operator can appeal and say they are being picked on.

Ashley

Half the time you don't need to see a Travel Express bus to know its close by, you can hear and or smell them

Discodave

Quote from: Ashley on February 18, 2013, 09:44:19 PM
Half the time you don't need to see a Travel Express bus to know its close by, you can hear and or smell them

VOSA could smell em but can't find em LOL

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Discodave on February 19, 2013, 04:20:22 PM
Quote from: Ashley on February 18, 2013, 09:44:19 PM

VOSA could smell em but can't find em LOL

On a different note, they probably couldn't see them because they don't run to the registered route and don't have a clue about the time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk