News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bordesley Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 11, 2012, 06:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Yuck. Looks like something you'd find in a McDonalds. Not a fan at all, very cheap & unattractive.

Mike K

Quote from: Matt on May 19, 2014, 10:24:24 PM
Yuck. Looks like something you'd find in a McDonalds. Not a fan at all, very cheap & unattractive.

Would have to agree with you there, cheap and nasty looking like the X96. I don't think yellow works with the NX livery. A pity, because some other recent branding efforts such as the 957, Sutton Lines, look ok if branding's your thing.

Sh4318

It looks ok. Missing vital information however.
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

nitromatt1

Quote from: Mike K on May 19, 2014, 11:00:05 PM

Would have to agree with you there, cheap and nasty looking like the X96. I don't think yellow works with the NX livery. A pity, because some other recent branding efforts such as the 957, Sutton Lines, look ok if branding's your thing.

Perhaps NX could take a look at Reading Buses' fleet. Now if you're going to go down the route of branding vehicles, that's the way to do it.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Matt on May 19, 2014, 11:07:02 PM
Quote from: Mike K on May 19, 2014, 11:00:05 PM

Perhaps NX could take a look at Reading Buses' fleet. Now if you're going to go down the route of branding vehicles, that's the way to do it.

Or Trent Barton, whenever I visit Derby or the North Midlands I am always completely overwhelmed how neat, tidy and attractive their buses are, and creating all the little corridors etc... Why couldn't that work say from Birmingham? Hagley Road services start say 9A, 9B etc.. Bristol 6A, 6B, Soho and Handsworth 7A, and so on

monkeyjoe

Anyone have any idea what criteria nxwm apply to deciding which routes get branding etc?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 20, 2014, 09:45:40 AM
Anyone have any idea what criteria nxwm apply to deciding which routes get branding etc?

Scrapbook, Biro, and some felt-tips!

As for choosing the routes, it's probably a case of eenie meenie miney mo [But the PC Police have banned that so....]
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

Even I could probably design a better livery/branding combination than NXWM

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PM

Come on! Didn't think it would be me saying this but be fair to NX. All the recent brandings look nice. Important route info is highlighted on a smartly refurbed bus. People will be able to identify their bus in the street and the comparison with Trentbarton is unfair. Yes I like them but their branding is for longer distance many of them interurban routes not frequent city services. A fair comparison is say NCT but personally I find the NX approach far, far clearer.

Liberator9

It's a eye catching colour; you certainly know which bus will be the 17. Although the yellow on the "engine grill" does look a little odd. But I am glad to see that NX is making an effort on the fleet's appearance. I have noticed that the recent refurbs are excellent and I have noticed some of YW and AG's buses have been having their wheels cleaned now. It's not up to Trent Barton or NET's standard but with NX's wide variety of routes, and frequent garage changes, it would be a challenge to route allocate all the fleet.

PM

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 20, 2014, 08:49:49 PM
It's a eye catching colour; you certainly know which bus will be the 17. Although the yellow on the "engine grill" does look a little odd. But I am glad to see that NX is making an effort on the fleet's appearance. I have noticed that the recent refurbs are excellent and I have noticed some of YW and AG's buses have been having their wheels cleaned now. It's not up to Trent Barton or NET's standard but with NX's wide variety of routes, and frequent garage changes, it would be a challenge to route allocate all the fleet.

I agree about the appearance of the fleet massively improving andat BY once all refurbs are done it will look very smart indeed. The thing as I see it is that often the brandingand network approaches can clash.This is the best of both worlds - instantly identifiable as NX and as part of the network. Yes NCT has a lot going for it but as a non resident of Nottingham I would find it harder to work out whether I wanted Go2 or Network etc with buses in masses of colours. Branding works best if you are trying to sell more disjointed services as opposed to a network.

Stu

Quote from: Sh4318 on May 19, 2014, 11:05:44 PM

A big '17' on the side windows, same as on the 4, 55 and 37?  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sh4318

Quote from: Stu on May 20, 2014, 09:03:53 PM
Quote from: Sh4318 on May 19, 2014, 11:05:44 PM

A big '17' on the side windows, same as on the 4, 55 and 37?  :D

Yeah ;D. As well as the 'every 8 minutes' that all NX branded buses seem to get

monkeyjoe

It has every 6 minutes on it fella.

Sh4318

@DiamondDart they're at least much better than the green branding, if anyone wants to reminiscence over how bad they were. The point of branding is to raise awareness of the route and get more people to use the route (I would think so). (Keeping the reply on topic), the 55 branding does raise awareness of the route (also pointing out that they operate at times that Clabirels don't) and I've heard many times about how the Omnilinks on the 55 can get full to the brim, so surely there's nothing wrong with the NX's branding?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk