News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bordesley Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 11, 2012, 06:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

From what a 55 driver told me 55 & 14 were going on three same rota but NOT inter working

1791 was out on the 55 today. Has anything gone for repaint replacing this from BY?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

1791 only a week or so out of paint caught fire at Chelmsley Wood yesterday evening. I'm guessing by the photos it will be a write off!

Jack D

Are the cov buses sweepers?

Tony

Quote from: Jack D on September 02, 2020, 06:45:08 PM
Are the cov buses sweepers?

No, they are being used on peak boards to make sure there's no driver swapover involved, in case the relief driver isn't type trained

Jack D

What times is the peak boards for these buses on 55?

Tony

Quote from: Jack D on September 02, 2020, 07:12:33 PM
What times is the peak boards for these buses on 55?

It depends what board they are allocated to! They were both on the 17 today

Jack D

What boards are the cov buses on today

Tony

Quote from: Jack D on September 03, 2020, 10:46:23 AM
What boards are the cov buses on today

Pointless asking now.

I told you they would be on peak boards, both back in garage

Took ages to get into Birmingham City Centre on 1810 on the 55 earlier at about midday
Due to heavy congestion, which was obviously heightened by the silly idea of putting a bike lane on what used to be a heavily used bus lane. And they decided to put this bike lane on the inbound side of Jennens Road, which will obviously get more congested, rather than a more sensible idea of using one of the outbound lanes.
So passengers on the 14, 55/94 and 66 can now expect slower and longer journeys from now on then.

I'm still yet to see a single bike on the bike lane they've created on Nechells Parkway, where they've closed another lane. So i'm expecting this to be disused or have a low usage as well. So also seems like a complete waste of time/money creating these.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Like with Bristol Road, there's plenty of Central reservation that could have been used for the cycle lane! Yes it would take longer and cost more money. But I think what they've done on that stretch of road is awful, excessive and will be hardly used if at all.

Jack D

With the double decker of 55 potentially being delayed due to the low hanging trees will the omnicitys be going with 55 to BC or will the route be using other BC single deckers until the trees are cut?

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Jack D on September 11, 2020, 08:28:52 PM
With the double decker of 55 potentially being delayed due to the low hanging trees will the omnicitys be going with 55 to BC or will the route be using other BC single deckers until the trees are cut?
As far as I'm aware BC only have 2 singles deckers 2136 and 2137

Gareth

Quote from: Jack D on September 11, 2020, 08:28:52 PM

BC only have a couple of B7RLEs.

BBS

Quote from: 2206 on August 24, 2020, 08:50:49 PM
1791 was out on the 55 today. Has anything gone for repaint replacing this from BY?
So that was One of the buses meant to come to Acocks Green.Any Replacements then?My guess is to be one of the Crimson Price brandeds at BY.1876 Or 1877.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk