News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bordesley Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 11, 2012, 06:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: Busboy105 on August 03, 2020, 10:54:17 PM
Platinums are already on the 5. I believe the 5 and the 73 don't interwork anymore.
They are, they are currently still interworking at Solihull.

Quote from: bususer28 on August 04, 2020, 09:19:38 AM
I assume the 1/1A as recently they've started using the single deckers for the 4. Might also be a chance to take over some land flight routes such as the A12- just an idea.
Those E200MMC's that are used on the 4 are used only as there isn't enough double decks in the garage as the the 4/4A are using more double deckers for social distancing.

Quote from: bususer28 on August 04, 2020, 09:19:38 AM
Might also be a chance to take over some land flight routes such as the A12- just an idea.
Sureley it would depend on when the tender that landflights operate on those route are due to end as well? Which routes are up for tender in October?
Or maybe some of the tendered routes that run into Erdington such as Claribels 167, 168 and 600 and Diamond 25 and 89 if any of those are up for tender in October?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Folks, may I remind you all once again about topic 'hijacking', this topic is for discussion of all things Bordesley garage related.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Gareth

Quote from: Jack D on August 03, 2020, 10:03:04 PM
55 driver confirmed today date of move is 4th of october and 55 will go double decker and interwork with the 14

Why would the routes need to interwork? Does it save on a vehicle or two?

A couple of years ago there was a rumour the 14 would have to go single deck when rerouted due to HS2 works on Saltley viaduct. If there was any kind of truth to that, then that either means a much longer diversion on the 14, or two routes to convert to single deck.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Jack D on August 03, 2020, 10:03:04 PM
55 driver confirmed today date of move is 4th of october and 55 will go double decker and interwork with the 14

Don't they run at different frequencies? I thought services had to run at the same frequency for interworking to be viable?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack D

Possible route change for 55 maybe extend to bluebell drive where 14 terminates gives a chance for routes to inter work then?

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Jack D on August 07, 2020, 08:19:34 PM
Possible route change for 55 maybe extend to bluebell drive where 14 terminates gives a chance for routes to inter work then?
Could it be a simple as inter working in the City Centre ?

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 07, 2020, 09:46:49 PM
Could it be a simple as inter working in the City Centre ?

I don't believe there's any interworking

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2020, 10:01:38 PM
I don't believe there's any interworking
I'm glad you said that Tony, I don't see what the big deal is about inter working !

Pete175

I think they are just going to be on the same rota.

dingding

Need same frequency and one common terminal point to inter work. Reason of inter working is to use less buses over the combined routes!

Steve3229vp

Quote from: dingding on August 08, 2020, 10:32:05 AM
Need same frequency and one common terminal point to inter work. Reason of inter working is to use less buses over the combined routes!
They have a common terminal point in the City Centre and they both run approx. every 8 minutes, not a problem really. It's not difficult

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 08, 2020, 02:06:05 PM
They have a common terminal point in the City Centre and they both run approx. every 8 minutes, not a problem really. It's not difficult

But on an 8 minute frequency you would never save a bus, so pretty pointless

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on August 08, 2020, 02:14:26 PM
But on an 8 minute frequency you would never save a bus, so pretty pointless
Tony, that was not the point I was trying to make, I was trying to state to people on this forum that if the 14 and 55 were to inter work (and I'm not saying they are) that they terminate at the same place in the City Centre for it to happen if it does as it may not happen at all. But does it really matter if they do inter work?

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 08, 2020, 03:10:49 PM
Tony, that was not the point I was trying to make, I was trying to state to people on this forum that if the 14 and 55 were to inter work (and I'm not saying they are) that they terminate at the same place in the City Centre for it to happen if it does as it may not happen at all. But does it really matter if they do inter work?

I agree completely with you, just making the extra point of it being pointless. The only other time it can be useful is if one bus goes close to a garage, so that travelling time to the relief point is eliminated on the route that doesn't. The relief point on the 55 and 14 are the same anyway, so no saving there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk