News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bordesley Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 11, 2012, 06:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busboy105

Quote from: Gareth on July 01, 2020, 09:39:35 PM
Looking forward to a sneaky double deck appearance on the 55. Last time I saw one was Boxing Day 2011. BC we're operating BY routes that day. Was also exciting getting a Scania on the inner circle instead of the usual Merc.

Where do double deckers stand on the 8? Saw a HY President on there in 2005. And before the Mercs arrived it was regularly Metrobus.
There's a photo of a Trident on the 8C. However, there is a low bridge in Highgate so I doubt there will be double-decks on the 8A/C.

Jack

Quote from: Busboy105 on July 02, 2020, 02:17:44 PM
There's a photo of a Trident on the 8C. However, there is a low bridge in Highgate so I doubt there will be double-decks on the 8A/C.
Could probably be seeing the Platinums at PB make appearances on the 8, as they are allowed.
Hopefully BC will start to use more Double Decks on the 55 during the day.

MW

The Highgate Bridge and the bridge on the 5 were able to take Gemini's/Tridents before. Not sure what the correct terminology is, you'd have to ask Tony about that, but basically they're not allowed anymore. They will still fit through though.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on July 02, 2020, 02:33:30 PM
Could probably be seeing the Platinums at PB make appearances on the 8, as they are allowed.
Hopefully BC will start to use more Double Decks on the 55 during the day.

See my previous post. There will be a complete ban on deckers on the 8 to save the risk mistakes

Tony

Where is there a photo of a Trident? Last deckers I know of were Presidents from HY

Gareth

Hockley never ran Tridents. Unless it was a Volvo.

John

Quote from: Gareth on July 02, 2020, 04:18:25 PM
Hockley never ran Tridents. Unless it was a Volvo.

There was a picture somewhere I'm sure of a Trident displaying 8A or 8C, but it was posed for the photo and not on the route. He might have seen that

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: John on July 02, 2020, 04:22:21 PM
There was a picture somewhere I'm sure of a Trident displaying 8A or 8C, but it was posed for the photo and not on the route. He might have seen that
Using it throughout the 1970s although the current route differs WMPTE Fleetlines were the norm on the WMPTE 8A/C, Leyland Nationals and BMMO LS18s were a rare surprise.

MW

Whether there is a picture of a decker on the 8 or not, Tridents have gone under the bridge on Highgate Road before.

CL

It was 4438 - 4th from bottom
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: CL on July 02, 2020, 04:33:00 PM
It was 4438 - 4th from bottom

Notice no driver in bus and no passengers on board.

It wasn't operating.

Sayeed

Quote from: John on July 02, 2020, 04:22:21 PM

I did see it on Five Ways years ago, I think it was in 2012.
Век живи - век учись

Tony

Quote from: Sayeed on July 02, 2020, 07:04:01 PM

I did see it on Five Ways years ago, I think it was in 2012.

I'll guarantee you 100% no trident has operated on the 8.
Hockley or Bordesley has never operated any

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on July 02, 2020, 07:18:38 PM
I'll guarantee you 100% no trident has operated on the 8.
Hockley or Bordesley has never operated any
Whatever @Tony says until it was rerouted the 8A/C passed our office in Edgbaston & just before the toothpaste buses appeared I most definitely got Tridents down to the Boulton Industrial Centre & other pionts regularly on the route about 12 to 15 years ago it regularly had Tridents on it along with the Mercs.

Tony

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 02, 2020, 07:48:43 PM
Whatever @Tony says until it was rerouted the 8A/C passed our office in Edgbaston & just before the toothpaste buses appeared I most definitely got Tridents down to the Boulton Industrial Centre & other pionts regularly on the route about 12 to 15 years ago it regularly had Tridents on it along with the Mercs.

Bordesley garage opened in May 2005 and has operated the 8 from the day it opened. Planning permission excludes the use of Double Decks from the garage so it has only ever operated single decks. So no 12-15 years ago it did not have Tridents.

I presume your office in Edgbaston is the same office Mr Jones worked in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk