News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bordesley Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 11, 2012, 06:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Hardy

Quote from: ellspurs on July 01, 2020, 04:53:56 PM
Is the head office of NXWM still there? If not, where did it move to?

Yes it is still there, see NXWM's website:
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/contact-us/contact-national-express
Even if the garage closes, it is possible for the Head Office to stay there.

It has happened elsewhere, Arriva North West's head office is still in the offices at Aintree but the adjacent garage was closed in 1995 and was sold off with a Wickes DIY store now on the site.

Ian Hardy

Quote from: MasterPlan on July 01, 2020, 04:55:53 PM
Wasn't BC supposed to be closing too?
Yes it is, but only when the owner of the BC site finds a suitable site / sites to replace it with & builds it or them. I would be surprised if the move of the 55 was not taken into account when NXWM was specify the size of the replacement/s.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: D10 on July 01, 2020, 04:37:47 PM
Confirmed today in an internal email that yes the garage is to close expected date is October.

17 to AG
8a/8c to PB
55 to BC
I would of thought the 55 would go to PB so it can run with the 94 and have the 8A/8C at BC instead

markcf83

Wouldn't it make sense for the 17 to move to Central too?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

CL

Quote from: markcf83 on July 01, 2020, 05:56:03 PM
Acocks Green is a stone's throw away from Yew Tree in Yardley. I'd have thought moving the 17 to BC would've made sense too - but I suppose it saves having to be relocated again when Central meets its closure.

On another note, could this mean the return of the Omnilinks at AG & BC? :o
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: CL on July 01, 2020, 06:01:53 PM
Acocks Green is a stone's throw away from Yew Tree in Yardley. I'd have thought moving the 17 to BC would've made sense too - but I suppose it saves having to be relocated again when Central meets its closure.

Your logic seems strange, one minte you say the route is close to AG, then say another garage would make more sense

Steve3229vp

Quote from: markcf83 on July 01, 2020, 05:56:03 PM
No, don't agree with that, the 17 can run dead to/from Tile Cross to AG via Sheldon and Olton, less dead mileage

BK63 YWP

Quote from: D10 on July 01, 2020, 04:37:47 PM
Confirmed today in an internal email that yes the garage is to close expected date is October.

17 to AG
8a/8c to PB
55 to BC

Gives the potential in making the 17 and 55 double decker and the scanias can be used on routes that need singles
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on July 01, 2020, 06:10:22 PM
scanias can be used on routes that need singles

Which are?

CL

Quote from: Tony on July 01, 2020, 06:03:10 PM
Your logic seems strange, one minute you say the route is close to AG, then say another garage would make more sense
Apologies - I was taking BC's closure into consideration when making my point. I didn't say another garage would make "more" sense, though; it was in agreement with the post I was replying to.

My point was that in either case, whichever garage the 17 would relocate to, it would make equal sense to me - as I've acknowledged that both garages are within the vicinity of the route. I can understand if I wasn't initially clear on that.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

ellspurs

The 17 goes under one of the small bridges in Tile Cross as well, so would have to stay single decker.

Steve3229vp

Gives the potential in making the 17 and 55 double decker and the scanias can be used on routes that need singles
I seen statements like this before, if you convert a single decker route to double decker, then you need to find a home for the single deckers which would mean put them on routes that have double deckers, therefore defeating the object

ellspurs

Quote from: Steve3229vp on July 01, 2020, 05:51:09 PM
I would of thought the 55 would go to PB so it can run with the 94 and have the 8A/8C at BC instead

The closest route to PB garage is the 8A/C.

The closest route to AG garage is a tossup between the 8A/C and 17, but when 8A/C is taken out of the equation it is the 17.

Therefore the 55 goes to BC.

I'm sure there's capacities and such that have been looked into as well to come with the above decision.

winston

There aren't any routes that need singles, if anything far more deckers are required, as too many singles in the fleet as it is.

DJ

I do wonder if the rumour I heard about a year ago, that NX are planning to move the head office to Digbeth, have anything to do with this.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk