News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bordesley Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 11, 2012, 06:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Winston on March 19, 2020, 12:30:02 PM
NX Group Announcement:
https://www.nationalexpressgroup.com/newsmedia/corporate-news/2020/covid-19-update/
" UK bus is reducing its networks similar to a typical Sunday service, which amounts to the removal of around 40% of bus mileage."
Interesting they are dropping the frequency of services down to low frequencies. Must be expecting a big drop in passengers then over the next few weeks.
Caught 1821 on the 55 this afternoon which was overcrowded and left people at the stops, so no shortage of passengers it seems at the minute. 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on March 19, 2020, 04:50:06 PM
" UK bus is reducing its networks similar to a typical Sunday service, which amounts to the removal of around 40% of bus mileage."
Interesting they are dropping the frequency of services down to low frequencies. Must be expecting a big drop in passengers then over the next few weeks.
Caught 1821 on the 55 this afternoon which was overcrowded and left people at the stops, so no shortage of passengers it seems at the minute.

But according to you, every bus you catch is overcrowded  ::)

Quote from: Dom on March 19, 2020, 05:13:09 PM
But according to you, every bus you catch is overcrowded  ::)
No, that's rubbish.
I went on 4506 on the 94 earlier that wasn't overcrowded and other buses this week that weren't
And services that I saw seemed to still be carrying good passenger loads today.

Bet you weren't on 1821 today then. There were around 15 standing after leaving Saltley and left about 10 people behind on Washwood Heath Road. Then around 20 standing by the time it got to Ward End.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Just had news that a young Bordesley driver off the 8 route has passed away!

And dome people wonder why we go on about non-essential travel.

Steveminor

My condolences to his family & colleagues.
I know a lot of my guys know a lot of bordesley drivers so I'm sure they would also wish to pass on their condolences.

I follow in you sentiments about essential travel only.
Bus drivers livers are on the line & drivers are dying throughout the country.
For those that say "well theres no proof he caught it on the bus" with all due respects you're just coming up with excuses yo justify your actions.

Stay home unless absolutely necessary.

Gareth

Quote from: Tony on April 05, 2020, 04:18:40 PM
Just had news that a young Bordesley driver off the 8 route has passed away!

And dome people wonder why we go on about non-essential travel.

My condolences to all who new him.

Rob H

My heart goes out to all his family and friends
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

WyreForestShuttle

My Deepest Sympathies to Family, Colleagues and Friends & My Thanks & Thoughts Are With All Drivers At All Bus Companies Across The West Midlands & Worcestershire.

RW

Condolences to his family and friends. A very sad day.

Tony

Steveminor

Tony

For those whonthe link doesn't work

Steveminor

PB2938

RIP very sad and worrying news.

Please everyone stay at home unless travel is essential shopping once a week.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Steveminor

If you can walk to the shops then please do so. As few people as possible on public transport l. Let's keep buses & trains safe for the nhs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk