News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bordesley Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 11, 2012, 06:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Quote from: SK68MEV on August 23, 2019, 01:34:44 AM
Just a quick question is there a 17 that turns into a 55 at about half 9 ten o'clock because for the past week and last week I've seen a 17 branded every single night

I used to catch the 9.47pm from Saltley to City every night and for the past few months it was usually 17 branded, so I believe that that journey at least came from a 17.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Gareth on August 23, 2019, 05:33:02 AM
I used to catch the 9.47pm from Saltley to City every night and for the past few months it was usually 17 branded, so I believe that that journey at least came from a 17.

Yes, at last check. There is interworking between some 17's and 55's at night.

SK68MEV

Quote from: Nathan on August 25, 2019, 11:07:28 AM
Yes, at last check. There is interworking between some 17's and 55's at night.
thanks for the clarification Nathan
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

dw1308

I saw a 55 go into chelmsley centre earlier on this evening then as it came back out it was displaying the 17 on the boards, but I do see alot of 17 branded scanias going onto the 55 during the week, the driver normally pulls into the out of use bus stop outside of McDonalds in chelmsley

cris 99

certain 55 journeys run dead from chelmsley to Tile Cross and then do the same upon return to Tile Cross only happens after 9PM though
17//72/73/97/X12

monkeyjoe

Im not sure if people are interested, however passed 1824 on the north bound m40 by jct 15 stratford earlier this afternoon.

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 18, 2019, 05:27:17 PM
Im not sure if people are interested, however passed 1824 on the north bound m40 by jct 15 stratford earlier this afternoon.

It's subsituting for a coach on the JLR to Gaydon

1834 was at the Priory Queensway terminus at around 18:15, there was already a bus in front on the stand with a full standing load. The driver on 1834, put 55 up and drove off (which makes no sense to me), leaving about 20 people waiting at the stand as the first one was already full.
Can't see the point of it running, if he's not going to pick passengers up. Disgraceful I think.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on November 14, 2019, 07:32:15 PM
1834 was at the Priory Queensway terminus at around 18:15, there was already a bus in front on the stand with a full standing load. The driver put 55 up and drove off (which makes no sense to me), leaving about 20 people waiting at the stand as the first one was already full.
Can't see the point of it running, if he's not going to pick passengers up. Disgraceful I think.

I'm sure the passengers waiting at the next stop on the route would have been grateful to get on a bus that wasn't full, rather than it driving past them.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on November 14, 2019, 07:47:50 PM
I'm sure the passengers waiting at the next stop on the route would have been grateful to get on a bus that wasn't full, rather than it driving past them.
And leaving the majority of passengers behind at the same time. The Priory Queensway stop is the busiest stop on the route, so to miss that stop out makes no sence. Leaving the majority of people behind to wait ages for the next one.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on November 14, 2019, 07:51:12 PM
And leaving the majority of passengers behind at the same time. The Priory Queensway stop is the busiest stop on the route, so to miss that stop out makes no sence. Leaving the majority of people behind to wait ages for the next one.

But you miss the point I was making - what about the passengers waiting at the next stop, or the one after that, or further down the route? Is it fair on those passengers if they can't get on a bus that's full? Perhaps in a way it is better if one bus leaves empty so that other passengers at other stops have a chance of getting on.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

fleetline6477

Quote from: 2206 on November 14, 2019, 07:32:15 PM
1834 was at the Priory Queensway terminus at around 18:15, there was already a bus in front on the stand with a full standing load. The driver on 1834, put 55 up and drove off (which makes no sense to me), leaving about 20 people waiting at the stand as the first one was already full.

The driver may not of been aware of how full the bus infront was, normally when a second bus arrives the back end of the queue make a dash for that bus. If there had been a gap in service due to congestion, weather etc makes a lot of sense for a second bus to move off and begin loading passengers waiting at subsequent stops. If I'm honest I think I'd have done the same.

On busy routes (Soho Road, Dudley Road, 50, Outer Circle...) where two buses on the same route are running together the front bus often doesn't stop because if it does the bus immediately behind can't get onto the stop and both are held up.

Lukeee

Maybe the second 55 was running later than the one Infront and was trying to make time up

Sh4318

Can't the LED display be changed to indicate that the bus is full and there's no more room?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

John

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 17, 2019, 11:28:35 AM
Can't the LED display be changed to indicate that the bus is full and there's no more room?

No one would pay attention to that. We used to have an unload only display a few years ago but it has long gone

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk