News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bordesley Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 11, 2012, 06:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Ok sorry! Eyes must be playing me up....

Definetley an Omnilink from a Birmingham Garage (Vivid red repaint with white logo above the door) so not a WA example.

@Alex was with me at the time (Was aboard 4547 coming under Wednesfield Rd Railway Bridge about 16:05-16:10) so he may have caught the fleet no.

Alex

@Nathan Did look like 1836 when i saw it, could'be been 1826 though
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

GeminiFan1991

I've seen a Birmingham Central Trident at Bordesley Green at least twice. Why is this happening ?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Tony

Quote from: BusFan on March 12, 2015, 09:00:55 PM
I've seen a Birmingham Central Trident at Bordesley Green at least twice. Why is this happening ?!

You will see one every day between about 16:00 and 16:23. A 97 running board comes off a school and is scheduled to start there at 16:23

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Tony on March 12, 2015, 09:02:43 PM
Quote from: BusFan on March 12, 2015, 09:00:55 PM

You will see one every day between about 16:00 and 16:23. A 97 running board comes off a school and is scheduled to start there at 16:23

Thank You, can I ask whats the closest one can get to the garage without being "intrusive" ?! I was walking past on Sunday and due to the reduced frequency of the day, OmniLinks were everywhere and I only managed to get 2 shots from the road because I didnt want to trespass even a foot inside. 

Ronnoc

3 Scanias on the 8A were all driving behind eachother, 1834, 1819 and 1807.

That's nothing 3 in row , colleagues told me of a convoy of 9 number 4s scania omnilinks heading to wards Oldbury after another of  west broms melt downs last week.

CL

Quote from: 2900 on March 24, 2015, 10:28:43 AM
That's nothing 3 in row , colleagues told me of a convoy of 9 number 4s scania omnilinks heading to wards Oldbury after another of  west broms melt downs last week.

Not as many as 9, but I remember at least 4 or 5 Metrobuses each behind one another, on the 101 - all stopped at The Devonshire Arms, on Lodge Road.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

GeminiFan1991

1829 is missing its front fleet number

GeminiFan1991

Just seen 1822 on enroute to Chelmsley Wood via Bordesley Green East (97 Route) but it was displaying its 55 display inbound despite travelling outbound !

Gareth

Probably taking up a duty from Chelmsley Wood

Squiz1971

Omnilink on 55 fleet number escapes me saw today broke down at lights at Washwood Heath Road and Aston Church Road on outward journey. Which meant traffic had to go on opposite side of the road to carry on up Washwood Heath Road caused a tailback back towards town not best place to break down not sure what happened unless someone has heard on the grapevine??

GeminiFan1991

Are you allowed to take photos of a bus garage ?!

I ask this because I popped down to BY as I like seeing the OmniLinks lined up and on a Sunday, theirs plenty of them and I had my camera in tow, as I was focusing in on a shot, a security guy (I think) came out of the main building and stated I cant due to Health and Safety.

First time I'm hearing this as I've seen plenty of Garage shots plus I wasn't trespassing into the garage. Just standing out by gate were people cross over.

Tony

Quote from: BusFan on May 17, 2015, 09:28:51 AM

I ask this because I popped down to BY as I like seeing the OmniLinks lined up and on a Sunday, theirs plenty of them and I had my camera in tow, as I was focusing in on a shot, a security guy (I think) came out of the main building and stated I cant due to Health and Safety.

First time I'm hearing this as I've seen plenty of Garage shots plus I wasn't trespassing into the garage. Just standing out by gate were people cross over.

If you are stood on the pavement, then the security bod cannot tell you what you can & cannot do, once you are the garage side of the first set of gates then he can ask you to leave

The Real 4778

Quote from: BusFan on May 17, 2015, 09:28:51 AM

From Photo Assist site (public domain):

'On the whole, UK law doesn't prevent photography in public places. This is, of course, assuming that you're not committing any other offence such as obstructing a police officer from doing their job or holding up traffic by setting up your tripod in the middle of the road. Also, as long as you're not causing any harassment, you're allowed to photograph other people if you're both on public land. If the person you're photographing is on private land, they could claim a right to privacy, and if you're on private land, then the owner of the land has the right to restrict photography on their property.'

So make sure you haven't got any personnel in your viewfinder when you're taking a depot shot.  Other than that, just read the above and what Tony said, and use common sense.  Don't be bullied by H&S rhetoric.
Don't you start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk