News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bordesley Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 11, 2012, 06:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Why did the 55 lose its branding and not received any new branding then? Washwood heath Corridor should have some.

Gareth

In the last round of timetable changes, the late night 8c buses started to terminate at Saltley Gate. This confused a few of the regulars as this didn't seem to be advertised anywhere. Why couldn't they carry on the last few stops to Bordesley?

Kevin

Continuing the completely off topic discussion in the "route branding" thread...
Deckers on the Inner Circle. I say that's only necessary because it isn't as frequent as it used to be. Personally reckon it should be split into smaller end to end routes from City centre out and back but that's just me.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stu

Would a frequency increase boost passenger usage? I know yes, more buses would be needed. But at present, with a 15min frequency, and with the unreliability issues, if you miss one, you may end up waiting a long time for the next one. Depending on where you are on the route (and where you're heading to), some people might give up waiting and just get a bus into city and then out again. Or may be there should be more short-workings, with buses going back and forth along busier sections?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

I myself wonder if the inner circle is route that has reached the end of its useful life, certainly over the years the frequency has decreased and even NE suggested various changes in the last Network review although the service was largely untouched at the end. The 8 was never going to take off in the way the 11 did and i agree with other people that maybe the time has come to withdraw it and maybe consider how to cover the places it serves more effectively.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ronnoc

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 24, 2015, 08:36:53 PM
I myself wonder if the inner circle is route that has reached the end of its useful life, certainly over the years the frequency has decreased and even NE suggested various changes in the last Network review although the service was largely untouched at the end. The 8 was never going to take off in the way the 11 did and i agree with other people that maybe the time has come to withdraw it and maybe consider how to cover the places it serves more effectively.
Oh come on, it the fastest way for me to school. I walk it to the 8C stop and wait for the 7:01AM 8C bus and then get the 7:06AM 50 bus.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on January 24, 2015, 09:39:06 PM
Oh come on, it the fastest way for me to school. I walk it to the 8C stop and wait for the 7:01AM 8C bus and then get the 7:06AM 50 bus.

How far do you travel on the 8C?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ronnoc

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 24, 2015, 09:40:27 PM
Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on January 24, 2015, 09:39:06 PM

How far do you travel on the 8C?
From Stratford Road to Moseley road, but I still need that bus to get me to the 50 stop on-time before the 7:06 50 bus comes.

B.C Driver

I cant believe theres even talk to withdraw the 8.
I dont think the regular passengers would be too happy to hear their route would be withdrawn.
It would be fairly difficult to cover the places it serves on exisisting routes without causing disruption and adding journey times to those routes. Also most regular 8 passengers would have to catch two buses instead of just the one.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Alex

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on January 25, 2015, 12:29:30 PM

I cant believe theres even talk to withdraw the 8.
I dont think the regular passengers would be too happy to hear their route would be withdrawn.
It would be fairly difficult to cover the places it serves on exisisting routes without causing disruption and adding journey times to those routes. Also most regular 8 passengers would have to catch two buses instead of just the one.

Agreed, i would be fuming if one of my local routes, i.e. WN25, WN28, WA41, was withdrwan as they provide vital links to places, that would otherwise require multiple transfers to another routes
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

the trainbasher

About 3 or 4 Scanias seen parked up in BY at 1400hrs

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

1836 seen on Wolverhampton Ring Rd this afternoon. Presumably at WN for MOT?

Mike K

Quote from: Nathan on March 06, 2015, 08:40:28 PM

Sure I saw this on the 8A only this morning.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Mike K on March 06, 2015, 08:47:04 PM

Ok....

It was certainly 1836 though which passed me

Tony

Quote from: Nathan on March 06, 2015, 08:49:25 PM
Quote from: Mike K on March 06, 2015, 08:47:04 PM

Ok....

It was certainly 1836 though which passed me

Wasn't! 1836 was going round & round all day from 05:50 until 19:27 on the 8A

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk